Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gil Losi Jr joins Kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK Everyone give Horizon a big round of applause for running Losi into the ground and eventually out of business.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think DRAKE and the crew pretty much know what to change and improve on
for the future of TEAM LOSI !!!!
Kyosho is pretty prehistoric with there technology so it can only get better from here on out!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdawg53
OK Everyone give Horizon a big round of applause for running Losi into the ground and eventually out of business.
I hope you are joking. Team Losi has been a far more profitable company under Horizon ownership.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I hope you are joking. Team Losi has been a far more profitable company under Horizon ownership.
YAAAAA MAN THAT AINT FUNNY!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

As bizarre of an announcement as this is, it is FANTASTIC for the industry and racers, in general. More competition only helps progress and overall sales. It's why you usually see a bunch of different car dealers on the same block. More choice only helps the market, and improving Kyosho's race cars can only bring good things to on road and off road racing.

I'd love to see more 2wd and 4wd electric off road cars in the market... that's only a sign that the off road market is booming. I can't wait to see what comes out from Kyosho in the coming years.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

We shall see if in fact Horizon has what it takes to keep TL on top ? I have seen this kind thing before, and in only a few cases was it a good thing ......
Time will tell and Kyosho is Japanese through and through!! They know what they are doing PERIOD ! I hate to say this really I do , but Americans are greedy and lazy ! This is going to be our dimise I'm affraid.
Personally I try and suppoert America in every way shape and form I can ! But darn it, it is really hard !
Time will tell. I think Kyosho is trying to "Americanize" like Toyota is
Just remember just because it is assembled here doesn't mean the money stays here , all the profits head to Japan !! All we get is a weeks pay !
Think about it ......
Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

^1
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Gill Losi Jr. goes to Kyosho, but does someone know that he returns to the racing live??

You can see him in the entries of Silver State Nitro Challenge 07

Class Pro Gas Buggy - Heat 7 - Driver 5

http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/ssbuggyprac.pdf
Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

maybe they new he was going to be leaving. I know losi was looking for engineers (spelling) a few months ago. So maybe gil told them thats y they started looking?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gil has been racing 1/8 scale for a while now. Since the 8ight came out. I raced with him at the onroad carpet nats 2-3 years ago too.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DJG24
Gil has been racing 1/8 scale for a while now. Since the 8ight came out. I raced with him at the onroad carpet nats 2-3 years ago too.
Not to bag on Kyosho at all. I just raced at the Cactus Classic in Arizona and I have to say the Pavidis and Cody King cars looked pretty damn good. And they were not a victim of attrition like many of the other manufactures. They were going big on the quads just like the others with out the breakage. I think with a little time, like any manufacture wanting to step up, they will be a formidable bid if they get some drivers. Even after all theses years in this hobby, I still believe its 75% driver and 25% the car in all reality. The RB5 and ZX looked really good. But like any day, it just wasn't there race. There were even some good drivers that didn't even make the A main in mod buggy or 4 wheel mod. Amezcua was one of them. Half of the Japanese and European drivers did not make it as well. I think this move for Kyosho is a real good one for them. After chatting with Gil for just a few minutes at the race, he did say that he wishes his Father did not sell Losi to Horizon. But as a business decision, it was a great move. I think he misses racing and being competitive. Funny how he did not mention this move to us while we were talking. My 2 cents.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Gil Jr. I'm sure is passionate about this sport. He was here in August for the ROAR Mod Nats racing the prototype truck. After practice on Friday he stuck around and helped out with the track repairs. He gave me a good lesson on patching blow outs.
I would suspect that it's just the attraction of a new challenge for him. Back in '96 a lot of people thought M. Schumacher was a fool to go to Ferrari after winning 2 World Championships in a row with Benetton.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

BRAVO Jr! BRAVO!......It will be interesting to see how many people from his design team at Horizon/Losi he will bring over to Kyosho, if any.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wait, I'm confused.

Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
I just raced at the Cactus Classic in Arizona and I have to say the Pavidis and Cody King cars looked pretty damn good. And they were not a victim of attrition like many of the other manufactures.
Originally Posted by GymBeam
and 2007 he (Pavidis) was inside the top10 untill a few DNF's.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
We shall see if in fact Horizon has what it takes to keep TL on top ? I have seen this kind thing before, and in only a few cases was it a good thing ......
Time will tell and Kyosho is Japanese through and through!! They know what they are doing PERIOD ! I hate to say this really I do , but Americans are greedy and lazy ! This is going to be our dimise I'm affraid.
Personally I try and suppoert America in every way shape and form I can ! But darn it, it is really hard !
Time will tell. I think Kyosho is trying to "Americanize" like Toyota is
Just remember just because it is assembled here doesn't mean the money stays here , all the profits head to Japan !! All we get is a weeks pay !
Think about it ......
But remember they are providing jobs to Americans in America. Where you do think those paychecks are being spent? What country is taxing those paychecks? The US...
It's actually good for foreign companies to invest in the United States. It injects foreign investment money into our economy...money that was made in Japan and elsewhere is being spent here. Who cares if they take a little profit back home? What is really hurting us is the AMERICAN companies moving to Mexico and China. That helps their economy and hurts our economy...just for the company owners to line their pockets. Anyway, I am getting way off track here...forgive me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.