Like Tree93Likes

JConcepts Thread

Reply

Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 AM
  #8251  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Default

When will we see the new B5 series parts - i.e. rear drive axles, wing mounts, etc.
Kinda_Quick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  #8252  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,466
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, I would be happy if their smoothies ever came back into stock. But it does not appear to be available to the public for cactus.
I checked with Sales and SRS/Hobbytown don't even have any Smoothies on back order .

As I posted in the Schelle thread before: Any chance for black aluminum B5M shock parts, rear arm mounts and servo mounts with chamfered edges?
I can't imagine I am the only one who would love to have an all black B5M and T5M, and there has got to be a company that wants to take my money...
I would like to see the same, but I don't see it happening anytime soon .

When will we see the new B5 series parts - i.e. rear drive axles, wing mounts, etc.
I really don't know, but I guess the truck needs to come out first...
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:07 PM
  #8253  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (82)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,157
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
I checked with Sales and SRS/Hobbytown don't even have any Smoothies on back order .



I would like to see the same, but I don't see it happening anytime soon .



I really don't know, but I guess the truck needs to come out first...
haha, well, I think they ordered in Primes after the smoothies disappeared. If they are smart, they will have tires to sell at cactus. I have primes and aka homemade slicks. I just wanted to try the smoothies. Instead I plan to try dirt web inserts in my primes and see how that works. proline foams come in fast and go away fast. I plan to break in the dirt webs at practice next week at cactus. Hopefully it does not take too long for them to come in.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:41 PM
  #8254  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

PW,
Is there an ETA on B44 steering racks getting back in stock?
travymoto11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:41 PM
  #8255  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
I checked with Sales and SRS/Hobbytown don't even have any Smoothies on back order .
wow

Last edited by Socket; 03-02-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:27 AM
  #8256  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,466
Default

Originally Posted by travymoto11 View Post
PW,
Is there an ETA on B44 steering racks getting back in stock?
I don't have one, I will have to check into it.
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:20 AM
  #8257  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Alright guys I need some help:

I have a race this weekend and I want to make sure I have good traction (obviously)

I got some 60mm jconcepts wheels and gold dirt webs with dirt tech inserts.

From what I've been reading the dirt techs are way too hard/stiff out of the bag to be effective right away. There won't be much time to break-in the wheels/inserts/tires before qualifying. ( I will be breaking in the tires properly regardless )

What would you guys recommend I do? I don't have other inserts and I will not be able to order them before the race.

Would you:

A: Just run them and hope they break in before the mains

B: Cut out the ribs on the inserts before gluing

C: Use open cell inserts (not even sure this will work because the open cells are from 2.2 tires)

D: Other (please explain)

TIA guys!
louie8269 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
  #8258  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,466
Default

Originally Posted by louie8269 View Post
Alright guys I need some help:

I have a race this weekend and I want to make sure I have good traction (obviously)

I got some 60mm jconcepts wheels and gold dirt webs with dirt tech inserts.

From what I've been reading the dirt techs are way too hard/stiff out of the bag to be effective right away. There won't be much time to break-in the wheels/inserts/tires before qualifying. ( I will be breaking in the tires properly regardless )

What would you guys recommend I do? I don't have other inserts and I will not be able to order them before the race.

Would you:

A: Just run them and hope they break in before the mains

B: Cut out the ribs on the inserts before gluing

C: Use open cell inserts (not even sure this will work because the open cells are from 2.2 tires)

D: Other (please explain)

TIA guys!
I've been using the 60mm stuff in both blue and gold recently with great success (2 different tracks). I've been running new inserts in my tires and have found that the 60mm Dirt Webs work great with the ribs cut on fresh Dirt Tech inserts; no break-in needed. The cut insert gives you a little bit flatter profile and the firmness feels about right. My golds are up to speed within 2 runs
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:41 AM
  #8259  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (82)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,157
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
I've been using the 60mm stuff in both blue and gold recently with great success (2 different tracks). I've been running new inserts in my tires and have found that the 60mm Dirt Webs work great with the ribs cut on fresh Dirt Tech inserts; no break-in needed. The cut insert gives you a little bit flatter profile and the firmness feels about right. My golds are up to speed within 2 runs
which ribs are you cutting and how much? I have some dirt tech inserts coming for cactus.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 AM
  #8260  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PW View Post
I've been using the 60mm stuff in both blue and gold recently with great success (2 different tracks). I've been running new inserts in my tires and have found that the 60mm Dirt Webs work great with the ribs cut on fresh Dirt Tech inserts; no break-in needed. The cut insert gives you a little bit flatter profile and the firmness feels about right. My golds are up to speed within 2 runs
Thanks for the fast reply! Ok, what are you cutting the ribs with?

Are you just flipping them inside out and cutting with scissors? Or razor knife?
louie8269 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:49 AM
  #8261  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: AE for LIFE!!!
Posts: 1,161
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I just flipped them and used a scissors. Very easy to do.
1/4milecrazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 AM
  #8262  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
I just flipped them and used a scissors. Very easy to do.
One last thing, would you do the same to the fronts? Or just the rears?

This is for 2wd buggy.

Also, would you recommend the same for 2wd short course?
louie8269 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 AM
  #8263  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,466
Default

Originally Posted by louie8269 View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! Ok, what are you cutting the ribs with?

Are you just flipping them inside out and cutting with scissors? Or razor knife?
One last thing, would you do the same to the fronts? Or just the rears?

This is for 2wd buggy.

Also, would you recommend the same for 2wd short course?
Don't cut the fronts or SCT; just run them normal.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-cut_insert.jpg  
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:25 AM
  #8264  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (82)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,157
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

why not do the fronts PW? I will be running 2.2 slicks if that maters.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 AM
  #8265  
PW
Tech Elite
 
PW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 4,466
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
why not do the fronts PW? I will be running 2.2 slicks if that maters.
The profile and firmness seems spot on for the fronts. Most, if not all front tires don't have inner webbing, so naturally the tire feels softer and needs more insert to fill the tire.
PW is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service