R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   JConcepts Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/152787-jconcepts-thread.html)

PW 04-27-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc (Post 9027585)
Thanks, exactly the kinda info I was looking for. Now, whats the different characteristics between the barcodes and the v2's?

Most of our guys say the V2's are a little faster laptimes (more cornerspeed/rotation)) and V1's are safer feeling to drive giving them a more consistent race. Example; Ryan Maifield loved the V2's at the Cactus Classic (TQ'd & won) and most of the B-Team drivers liked the V1's.

Jmuck69 04-27-2011 01:07 PM

Any plans for V2's in the front Barcodes?

nv529 04-27-2011 01:10 PM

Jmuck69 04-27-2011 01:16 PM

PW 04-28-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 (Post 9027788)
Any plans for V2's in the front Barcodes?

Not at the moment.

1Fastpede 04-28-2011 05:31 AM

I see you posted SC gold DD's. So i ordered some yesterday.
what is your recommended track condition for these?

PW 04-28-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede (Post 9031026)
I see you posted SC gold DD's. So i ordered some yesterday.
what is your recommended track condition for these?

Golds are for wet/damp highly packed indoor surfaces. Once these type surfaces start to dry out then switch to either green or blue.

1Fastpede 04-28-2011 06:29 AM

Thank you.

Do you have any tips or trick to prepping the tires before using them? How do you guys prep tires before use/ race?

Thanks for your time

racer53 04-28-2011 06:43 AM

Thank you.

Do you have any tips or trick to prepping the tires before using them? How do you guys prep tires before use/ race?

Thanks for your time
I race at Mike's too...I use Buggy Grip 2 on my tires before I run...I am going to try some Sticky Kicks Verde next time i'm there though,I'm just curious to see how it works.

1Fastpede 04-28-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by racer53 (Post 9031203)
I race at Mike's too...I use Buggy Grip 2 on my tires before I run...I am going to try some Sticky Kicks Verde next time i'm there though,I'm just curious to see how it works.

yea i use buggy grip to. but i keep hearing something about a ziplock bag or something? just curious how the pros/tire makers do it.

thanks

BigDogRacing 04-28-2011 08:57 AM

I've been running the green Flip-outs at our local track in 4wd mod buggy, and I have to say, they're so good I flip out every time I run....

Wow, that was corny...lol. Seriously though, I've got a duffle bug FULL of tires I use to test. Even if I don't have a certain tire or compound, I have enough of a variety that I can tell if there's something in between that might be better. And so far nothing can touch the green flip-outs. I can turn lap times just as fast with other tires, but I have to drive on the edge. I'm an on-road guy so I don't like to drive off road like that. I would rather feel more connected to the track and in control, if that makes sense...
One thing I want to mention, After going to the Flips, I noticed I had a lot more forward bite, so much I made a few setup changes and found after that I could go faster by altering my driving style. If I had to give an analogy, I would say that I changed from a mod sedan style to more of a nitro sedan style, meaning that I started putting more emphasis on using the power and forward bite than trying to keep a smooth and controlled approach to the turns. That's not to say I don;t have side bite because I do, just had to take advantage of where these tires really shine.

For reference, here are some notes about our track:
- outdoor, mostly shaded
- mostly typical Memphis dirt: drinks water, won't stay packed well, unless it's damp or wet has a loose dust on top
- portions of track have decent clay that's been added, but it hasn't (or won't) groove up. Doesn't matter cause non clay areas force you to use a tire that works there.
- traction changes dramatically from beginning of practice to the main. Most guys including myself prior to Flipouts have to change tires to adapt to changing track conditions.
- because of the type of dirt, we gave up on "prepping" the track other than Sean waters it a couple times before racing starts.

I hope this info helps some racers that run on similar tracks. Unfortunately, we can't all have access to indoor, beautifully carved, packed high bite blue groove clay multi-million dollar facilities!! LOL
Thanks so much to JR and PW for awesome products!! Keep up the good work!!

PW 04-29-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede (Post 9031243)
yea i use buggy grip to. but i keep hearing something about a ziplock bag or something? just curious how the pros/tire makers do it.

thanks

Sometimes guys will spray their tires with motor spray and then put them into a zip-lock bag. You have to be careful not to leave them in to long however, the tires start to swell.

Every track is different regarding tire sauce; the best thing is to find out what the local hotshot is doing and try his method.

Also keep in mind that tire life dramaticly reduces when using sauce!

buggy8 05-13-2011 08:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Punisher for Mugen Eco (cell pics)

dagsom 05-13-2011 09:23 PM

Not sure if this has been asked but is JC working on an over tray for the SC10 4X4? If they are, is there an ETA on them?

buggy8 05-13-2011 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by PW (Post 9036153)
Sometimes guys will spray their tires with motor spray and then put them into a zip-lock bag. You have to be careful not to leave them in to long however, the tires start to swell.

Every track is different regarding tire sauce; the best thing is to find out what the local hotshot is doing and try his method.

Also keep in mind that tire life dramaticly reduces when using sauce!

I've noticed tires come to life with a simple green scrub down and towel dry. what's with that stuff that makes them gummy?
does it also reduce life?

thanks

blitz530 05-14-2011 11:13 AM

I run on a indoor clay track. When its damp I love the gold bar codes! But now that summer is upon us it gets really dry. There is a definite line to stay in or if you get out of it it feels like ur on ice. So what tires would you recommend for this dry condition? Because ill wear out a rear set of gold Barcodes in one race night. I love the tires and your brand but these gotta be a better tire or compound for this condition..thanks!

blitz530 05-14-2011 11:17 AM

I run on a indoor clay track. All through the winter it was kept damp and the gold Barcodes were working very well for me, can't say enough.. well now that the summa is upon us the track is dry and cracked. There is a definent groove or line you must stay in to obtain traction.. well being its so dry ill wear out a set of gold Barcodes in one race night. So what tire and in what compound would you suggest for this type of track?? Thanks!!

J_P 05-14-2011 06:28 PM

Which class. 2Wheel buggy, SCT ect.? Also, what state are you in?

buggy8 05-14-2011 09:47 PM

Mugen MBX6 ECO

3 Attachment(s)
diggin this Punisher!

PW 05-16-2011 05:22 AM

Looking good buggy8!

Not sure if this has been asked but is JC working on an over tray for the SC10 4X4? If they are, is there an ETA on them?
Not yet; we were thinking that they would have their own by now. Maybe we can get one done faster :lol:.

I run on a indoor clay track. When its damp I love the gold bar codes! But now that summer is upon us it gets really dry. There is a definite line to stay in or if you get out of it it feels like ur on ice. So what tires would you recommend for this dry condition? Because ill wear out a rear set of gold Barcodes in one race night. I love the tires and your brand but these gotta be a better tire or compound for this condition..thanks!
What class are you running? Normally when a track drys out; tire wear go's way up regardless of make/compound. We normally run blue or green when it gets dry, but they will also wear very fast.

I've noticed tires come to life with a simple green scrub down and towel dry. what's with that stuff that makes them gummy?
does it also reduce life?
There is obviously something in simple green that seems to react well with the rubber, but I don't think it really shortens the life of the tire like some of the really harsh chemicals in tire traction.

nikos2002 05-16-2011 09:59 AM

PW - you going to Trackside for the next round of the SC Showdown?? Curious if you know what tires Chad uses there. Thanks, hope to see you there in mfg's row.

Nick
Viper/TQ

PW 05-16-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by nikos2002 (Post 9119338)
PW - you going to Trackside for the next round of the SC Showdown?? Curious if you know what tires Chad uses there. Thanks, hope to see you there in mfg's row.

Nick
Viper/TQ

Hi Nick...Jason and I plan on being out there; should be awesome!

Chad runs green Bar Codes.

tomdav 05-20-2011 07:23 AM

racer x 1 05-20-2011 10:37 AM

any pics of the punisher for the 22 in mid configuration?

tkge 05-31-2011 07:15 PM

Blue inserts

Quick question:

I have a set of new subcultures mounted, rim hex got messed up, I need to pull off the tire. I typically use a paint bucket of acetone to do the job, but wanted to know if that will hurt these blue foames that come with the tires. I have experienced in past where some are fine and some are not.

Thanks!

lockmouth 05-31-2011 07:32 PM

PW.. any chance of a white Punisher Wing?? Man I want one, but black doesn't go well with my colors :D PLEASE MAKE THEM IN WHITE.

PW 05-31-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by racer x 1 (Post 9140601)
any pics of the punisher for the 22 in mid configuration?

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/a...8&d=1303911872

PW 05-31-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by tkge (Post 9192927)
Quick question:

I have a set of new subcultures mounted, rim hex got messed up, I need to pull off the tire. I typically use a paint bucket of acetone to do the job, but wanted to know if that will hurt these blue foames that come with the tires. I have experienced in past where some are fine and some are not.

Thanks!

I'm not sure, never tried it.

PW.. any chance of a white Punisher Wing?? Man I want one, but black doesn't go well with my colors PLEASE MAKE THEM IN WHITE.
Unfortunately not; sales on white wings have been very poor in the past. Maybe a white wrap might be pretty cool.

Chris Gierse 06-01-2011 07:28 AM

Any chance of Double Dees in orange for 1/10 buggy?

PW 06-01-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse (Post 9195102)
Any chance of Double Dees in orange for 1/10 buggy?

No, sorry.

Chris Gierse 06-01-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by PW (Post 9195228)
No, sorry.

What do you recomend for hard packed, dry, hot conditions for 2wd buggy?

JP.R 06-01-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse (Post 9195329)
What do you recomend for hard packed, dry, hot conditions for 2wd buggy?

What is the dust level if any and how hot are you talking?

If it is supper hot (like 85+ degrees), I would recommend the Orange Barcodes, if the temp is anything lower than that try the Blue Bar Codes.

Hope that helps.

Chris Gierse 06-01-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JP.R (Post 9195863)
What is the dust level if any and how hot are you talking?

If it is supper hot (like 85+ degrees), I would recommend the Orange Barcodes, if the temp is anything lower than that try the Blue Bar Codes.

Hope that helps.

Very little if any dust. I would say 90+ degrees. What about fronts?

PW 06-01-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse (Post 9195988)
Very little if any dust. I would say 90+ degrees. What about fronts?

I would start with Blue Bar-Codes early and then switch to Orange as the temp rises. If the track is fairly smooth you might want to use 2-stage foam or the blue closed-cell foam.

Jmuck69 06-01-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by PW (Post 9196133)
I would start with Blue Bar-Codes early and then switch to Orange as the temp rises. If the track is fairly smooth you might want to use 2-stage foam or the blue closed-cell foam.

Will the V2 Barcodes be produces in the Orange compounds?

PW 06-01-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 (Post 9196186)
Will the V2 Barcodes be produces in the Orange compounds?

Yes

Jonny5 06-01-2011 01:12 PM

Just got a new set of Goosebumps and noticed some changes- the rubber looks different ( shiny as opposed to dull) and feels a bit stickier. Also the foams feel softer- was there a running change in them? I did always feel that the cc foams were a bit too firm.

PW 06-01-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jonny5 (Post 9196427)
Just got a new set of Goosebumps and noticed some changes- the rubber looks different ( shiny as opposed to dull) and feels a bit stickier. Also the foams feel softer- was there a running change in them? I did always feel that the cc foams were a bit too firm.

The new insert is softer and they did make some type of change so that the rubber comes out much cleaner (still the same rubber compound though).

mxracer458 06-01-2011 02:03 PM

Rt5 punished body?

PW 06-01-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by mxracer458 (Post 9196620)
Rt5 punished body?

Not at this time.