Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4wd electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by br93lx
Yeah Corey, I did find it humorous you used one battery for three heats and a main last Saturday

Luckily, there was plenty of time between heats!

Yeah....when I decided to race I never thought about how many batteries I would need. It was good that there was so much time between our races. Surprisingly though, my battery wasn't even half dead when I would charge it between races.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
Cory!!! Unfortunitly the novak brushless GTB is only rated at 6 cells...I called novak to confirm this since when a lipo pack is fully charged it is 8 volts..They said that this is not a problem.. Do not try to place a 3S pack on the GTB!! just fair warning.. As far as battery size... I have a 8000 mah battery.. Very few times have I run the battery down all at once. My car usually brakes or something it seems...I personly like the 6000, it seems like a good compromise to me.. Also the larger capacity batteries usually have a higher discharge current!! = More power.

Yeah....I looked it up and found that I couldn't run it. No big deal though. I'll probably just sell it or something. My buddy said he could use it in his helicopter.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

So what do you guys feel are some minimum servo ratings for running 4wd mod buggy? trying to find a servo I like at a reasonable price.

I was figuring about a minimum amount of 70oz of torque. Transit time would probably be more user dependent.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Futaba s3305. Alittle noisy but its a good servo at a low price..
Or just do it right and go with the airtronics!!
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDWF8&P=ML
Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would be more concerned about strength. Id spend the money for a good aluminum geared servo.

I run a airtronics 157 servo and its worked for 9 years. Only had to replace the case from swapping it in and out of cars so many times, the ears broke.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thanks. I usually run a 925MG or equivalent. Maybe I'll just get another one of those. My build with my SB V2 Pro is going quite well. Only thing I am having issues with is my tool set. My 2mm ball driver works well, but its handle is too small :LOL:. I will probably pickup another driver with a better handle.

The SB V2 Pro parts are a whole lot stiffer than the previous iterations, heck, I don't think my AE graphite parts were this stiff or beefy! Really impressive.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've been running a Ko Propo servo in my BJ4 for a couple years now without a servo saver (and a few years in other cars). The gears have never stripped out and it still centers perfectly. It was around $120 new but considering the reliabilty and performance, it has definately been worth it.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sport10
The belt is designed to do that under hard braking. The XXX-4 will match any other buggy in acceleration. Plus, the belt is very durable and lasts a long time keeping maintence to a minimum. Get the X5 and have the best of both worlds. The unmatched rough handling of the XX-4 plus the rocket acceleration of the XXX-4's single belt drivetrain. Plus, there is no wait for the X5 unlike the BJ4.
Is the X5 single belt driven? and have the same chassis as the XXX-4? Or does it use a saddle pack chassis like the XX-4?

Cheers
Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
I was told that there was @ least 500 before me. Thats what the hobby shop owner has told me! We are both waiting for them now. As soon as he gets his, his XXX-4 will be up for sale.. I'm gonna keep mine, Too much money in this thing to get them to be dependable. I love mine though, I have beat alot of cars, including 1/8 scale buggies. It just took awhile to understand how the car reacted to bumps, jumps, etc. I am very pleased with my Losi.. Its the fastest thing around. Gas cant touch it in a straight line! The only thing is, is that the xxx-4 is designed to be run on a smooth, fast-flowing track. If you buy this car and decide to run it in your back yard or at the local soccer field, you may be disappointed.
Do you break many parts and are you running any aluminum parts?

Cheers
Old 03-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Is the X5 single belt driven? and have the same chassis as the XXX-4? Or does it use a saddle pack chassis like the XX-4?

Cheers

You can see it here.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewx5/index.html
Old 03-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy

Cheers
The X5 uses a single belt similar to the XXX-4 but in a chassis that is more similar to the XX-4. The saddle pack arrangement is 4+2 which is different than the XX-4. The X-5 has the acceleration of the XXX-4 and the handling of the XX-4. Best of both worlds.