Search

X6 XFactory in 07

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
Wyd,

You hang the X-6 up? I am actually going back to my X-6 from the Kyosho.
What does the X-6 do better than the kyosho? No one at my track has the X-6 .
Old 12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
What does the X-6 do better than the kyosho? No one at my track has the X-6 .
Everything involving a turn

What if people just run the car that "everyone else" run and are too focused on what is accepted versus the concept that makes sense.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyPenguin
Everything involving a turn

What if people just run the car that "everyone else" run and are too focused on what is accepted versus the concept that makes sense.
Personally I've just started running offroad and as much as some people try to get you to "go with what they run" I've just been looking at what else is out there. I get the idea behind the x-6 but with offroad it seems that you are always giving up one side to get traction at the other, is the x-6 lacking rear traction but makes up in corner speed and steering? that's what I would expect.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Personally I've just started running offroad and as much as some people try to get you to "go with what they run" I've just been looking at what else is out there. I get the idea behind the x-6 but with offroad it seems that you are always giving up one side to get traction at the other, is the x-6 lacking rear traction but makes up in corner speed and steering? that's what I would expect.

The X-6 keeps more speed in corners by virtue of more of it being transfered with the car, and not out back pushing it off to the side. With more corner speed you don't need to pull it as much out of the corners to get back up to speed.

Also through modern tires and setup more than enough rear grip can be found just about anywhere.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHIL700XCSP
I just wanted to know if anybody has ever run their spacers from the rear arms on the back of the arms to shorten the wheelbase,and if so what did it do?????
I have never ran mine anyway but with the spacers in the back. I'd say my car's been pretty good.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My 4 gear car all together. Just blasted it around the parking lot here at work a bit. everything works well. Can't wait to race it. Only problem I had with it was the motor mount brace didn't line up with the holes in the chassis, and I had to dremel the chassis to get to the motor screws. I Did spend a good hour working with my dremel though, but I got my lipo to sit the entire way down on the chassis, and got the battery strap to my liking.
Attached Thumbnails X6 XFactory in 07-x6-1.jpg   X6 XFactory in 07-x6-2.jpg  
Old 12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Great looking car! I've loving the matching zip ties and body clips....

Have you run the JConcepts ballcups for long? How do you like them?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GroffBall
My 4 gear car all together. Just blasted it around the parking lot here at work a bit. everything works well. Can't wait to race it. Only problem I had with it was the motor mount brace didn't line up with the holes in the chassis, and I had to dremel the chassis to get to the motor screws. I Did spend a good hour working with my dremel though, but I got my lipo to sit the entire way down on the chassis, and got the battery strap to my liking.
Groff that is a great looking ride. I can't wait to unplug your sensor wire again.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

wyd with you on the wire,he wont notice
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by brian roeder
wyd with you on the wire,he wont notice
Old 12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

WYD... I was thinking of you when I zip tied those wires, it will be a job to get it out now

Paul I love the J Concepts ball cups they are rigid and tight. only problem I've had with them is the track I race at is cold and I actually snapped one the other week, but I was doing something stupid
Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

WYD... I was thinking of you when I zip tied those wires, it will be a job to get it out now

Paul I love the J Concepts ball cups they are rigid and tight. only problem I've had with them is the track I race at is cold and I actually snapped one the other week, but I was doing something stupid
I won't get it out I will just cut one of those 20 sensor wires you have bundled up.

You going to Bumps tonight to practice a little with the new car?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Only way I'll be there tonight is if my brothers flight gets a big delay out of chicago. He is flying from Seattle to chicago to harrisburg. his flight comes in at 7:25 now. If chicago is backed up an hour or two I might stop by from some runs.

I'm hoping my sister in law pops that damn kid out in the next couple of days or it could put a damper on me running on the 30th
Old 12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Only way I'll be there tonight is if my brothers flight gets a big delay out of chicago. He is flying from Seattle to chicago to harrisburg. his flight comes in at 7:25 now. If chicago is backed up an hour or two I might stop by from some runs.

I'm hoping my sister in law pops that damn kid out in the next couple of days or it could put a damper on me running on the 30th
Hey get to Bumps at like 4:30 or so and run til 6:30. You are only 15 minutes rom the airport and you cun run the Turnpike over with no delays to get the airport by 7 easily. Still have 25 minutes to spare. If you are running I will stop down and hang out til you leave. Plus if need be you can run my 3 lipos plus your 3 so runtime is not a factor. My car is not ready but I can't make the 30th race as I will be out of town til late Saturday night. So I didn't even start on putting all my new stuff on yet.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

I'm actually going to the airport to pick him up with my parents and my wife so I'd need to get back to Mount Joy by 6:30 right now so thats just not worth it. As much as I wanna run this car, I wanna see my little bro too. He is only here for two weeks and right now its up in the air when or if he is getting sent to Iraq. I might try and get him to tag along on the 30th and let him run my 4wd. My brother and I havn't always gotten along so I'm trying really hard to shove an olive branch down this throat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.