Wiki Posts
Search

mamba max ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjs_13203
just a matter of time till he showed up, lol. my mm5700 is all good, turns my sp into a rocket from what he says i would be screwed with a REAL system.
You think it's good.

I seriously used one and it was not as good. It will be fast of course but the brakes were step-ing or pulsing i couldnt really explain. Is that cogging ?

It felt steppy or pulse like.

Bottomline is i had less control in the air, over the whoops, braking into the turn.

You mamba guys don't know what your missing.

after trying one finally in the same car i have non the less it's not as good.

Maybe you haven't developed the skill to feel that yet. I dunno.

Also whats up when someone has a problem with one it's never the mamba's fault always the owner. lol
Old 05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

never had brake problems with mine set them up right and ur fine, also i just told him how to fix the problem. as far as cogging its when u take off as long as run good batterys its all good, the new firmware made a big difference in the way it feels, but if i had the money i probably would have spent 300 and good a lrp or novak but aint got that kinda money and what i have seems to work fine for me. different strokes for different folks. either way its better then running brushed
Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rjs_13203
never had brake problems with mine set them up right and ur fine, also i just told him how to fix the problem. as far as cogging its when u take off as long as run good batterys its all good, the new firmware made a big difference in the way it feels, but if i had the money i probably would have spent 300 and good a lrp or novak but aint got that kinda money and what i have seems to work fine for me. different strokes for different folks. either way its better then running brushed
It's not a problem with the brakes it's the feel. felt like part of power was applied and then full i really cant explain.

I know that guy i switched with liked my car !!!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
It's not a problem with the brakes it's the feel. felt like part of power was applied and then full i really cant explain.

I know that guy i switched with liked my car !!!
yuh im sure. so when people develope the skill set to feel it will they then be able to beat you? if you have the feel and know the adjustments couldnt you explain it?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mugenlife
yuh im sure. so when people develope the skill set to feel it will they then be able to beat you? if you have the feel and know the adjustments couldnt you explain it?

No not really it's not about beating me, it's the fact that it takes time to know what your doing to develop a feel for things and this includes set-ups as well.

It's not liek i have superior feel to others it's just that over time you develop better understanding of what your equipment does. To assume everyone on here is at the same level would be nieve (sp?)
Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

In my case, the problem was that "blue box". It was an Airtronics 75Mhz FM Synth receiver. I put a Spektrum in shortly afterward and everything has been fine since. The layout and wiring is still the same.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Obviously... RB FIVE either ran a Mamba that was not set up well, or he's so biased and brainwashed that he thinks it's garbage NO MATTER WHAT. Better to save face and keep bashing the Mamba, rather than have to admit it's not bad after all, right?

He must assume that no Mamba drivers have run the sensored systems... "we don't know what we're missing"

Like many others, I have raced the "other" brushless systems, so I do know what I would be missing.

It's all in the setup, and the castle stuff is VERY adjustable. What other brand lets you program an exponential curve at the ESC? That is in addition to punch control, timing, etc....
Old 05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Glass Doctor...... right on. And I'm finding that more and more people are switching to Mamba's once they run one that's setup correctly. I let some people run my D4 on Sunday after I smoked a couple B44s with GTBs and LRPS and I know one of them is probably switching... especially since his GTB went up in smoke during qualifying!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
It's all in the setup, and the castle stuff is VERY adjustable. What other brand lets you program an exponential curve at the ESC? That is in addition to punch control, timing, etc....
I'm not going to get involved in this pissing match, but I have to interrupt here for a moment.

This is what always bothers me about the die hard Mamba guys. You fail to realize that most people don't want to have to make a ton of changes to a speed control to make it work. You can take a LRP, Novak or Speed Passion, plug it in and it works. You can tweak some settings if you want, but if you don't, it still works.

With the Mamba, you have to update firmware, which seems crazy to me, it should work out of the box. Then you have to hook it up to a computer to make changes to it. Thats nuts!!! Who carries a laptop to the track with them every time go. I know you will say that you can just program it at home, but what if you are at a track and the conditions change as the day goes on? IDK, it just doesn't make sense to me.

What I think you guys forget is that most people want simple, not overly complicated. The money saved on a Mamba is seems nominal to me compared to the ease of use of other systems.

How many people actually know exponential curve is, let alone know what changing it would do. I've never been on the drivers stand and said to myself, "damn, I wish I could tweak the Expo curve on my Sphere!" I have however said, "damn, I need more drag brake". I then went down to the pit area and made the change. No booting, windows or laptops required.

What also bothers me is the blatant fanboyism that goes along with owning a Mamba. You guys blindly recommend them to everyone, without considering if it would be the best fit for the person. You also quote LRPs and Novaks exploding like every single one of them has problems. There is a substantial amount more of these brands on the track, which is the reason you see more failures. All electronic devices will have a similar failure rate, you just hear about the more popular ones failing more frequently. Everyone someone posts a Mamba problem, you guys blame the user rather then the equipment.

Like I said, I'm not trying to start a pissing match. I just wanted to weight in with my observations and thoughts on the subject.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scott54
Glass Doctor...... right on. And I'm finding that more and more people are switching to Mamba's once they run one that's setup correctly. I let some people run my D4 on Sunday after I smoked a couple B44s with GTBs and LRPS and I know one of them is probably switching... especially since his GTB went up in smoke during qualifying!!!
Case and point! You just fulfilled every stereotype in my last post. Well done!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

SO what is a good intial setting for 1/10th truck with the 5700 mamba max, exp , curves and such.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the mamba is completely plug and play. you don't have to mess with it at all to make it work. If you want you can tweak it but its not like you have too. and no, you don't need a laptop, you can program it from transmitter like any other esc. But you always have to option of a GUI instead of flashing LED's and monotone beeps.

Also, I dont see how UPDATING software is bad. If Novak for example found a better way of doing things, you would need to buy a new esc or at the least send it in. (and why would they tell you? its marketing for you to buy a new product). Whenever castle's programmers figure out how to make the software better BAM, you have access to it, how is that bad?

And for all you people saying there are die hard castle fanboys out there, it seems like there are also people on an anti-castle crusade that are somewhat ignorant about the product they are bashing.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SQC049
I'm not going to get involved in this pissing match, but I have to interrupt here for a moment.

This is what always bothers me about the die hard Mamba guys. You fail to realize that most people don't want to have to make a ton of changes to a speed control to make it work.
With the Mamba, you have to update firmware, which seems crazy to me, .

I really think it's the other way around. I personally like that fact that I can get updates on my speed controller. You don't think your Sphere has a program on it? ie firmware? You just can't update it if LRP finds a way to make it better, you have to buy a new one. You don't like making changes? Do you have a RTR that you never make setup changes on? Aren't you constantly changing tires, shock pistons, eliminating and adding washers to dial in the perfect setup? Personally, I like having these options... If you want something simple that you don't have to do anything with, you're probably in the wrong hobby... IMO. And as for stereotyping? Read every Mamba thread and you'll see nothing but Mamba bashing with no real arguments (seriously.. Your argument is about too many features).
Old 05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scott54
I really think it's the other way around. I personally like that fact that I can get updates on my speed controller. You don't think your Sphere has a program on it? ie firmware? You just can't update it if LRP finds a way to make it better, you have to buy a new one. You don't like making changes? Do you have a RTR that you never make setup changes on? Aren't you constantly changing tires, shock pistons, eliminating and adding washers to dial in the perfect setup? Personally, I like having these options... If you want something simple that you don't have to do anything with, you're probably in the wrong hobby... IMO. And as for stereotyping? Read every Mamba thread and you'll see nothing but Mamba bashing with no real arguments (seriously.. Your argument is about too many features).
My argument is not that it has to many features. My argument is that it is overly complicated with features that 99% of the racers out there do not need.

Comparing Expo curves on a speedo to chassis adjustment is a stupid argument, and you know it.

Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you people, there is no reasoning with you guys.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SQC049
My argument is not that it has to many features. My argument is that it is overly complicated with features that 99% of the racers out there do not need.

Comparing Expo curves on a speedo to chassis adjustment is a stupid argument, and you know it.

Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you people, there is no reasoning with you guys.

99% of racers don't need features on their esc? Nobody said anybody needs these options... It's not a question of offering what everyone else does, it's the AVAILABILITY to make these changes thats makes the Mamba more adaptable for racing.

"Like I said, I'm not going to argue with you people"... The only reason anyone with a Mamba gets upset is because people who DON'T RUN them make pointless comments to stand beside Novak or LRP, in which nobody with a Mamba ever brings up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.