R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default mamba max ?

I just put a mamba max 7700 in my RC10T3. Now Iíve lost half the range I used to have. As long as Iím close 15-20 ft it's ok, but when I get further away it starts glitching and shuddering. I have tried 2 different radio systems the first was a Futaba 2Ph the one in there now is the 3PM-FM it got a little better with the FM but it didnít stop it. Im starting to glitch and shudder. Any help would be wonderful. Thanx ,Joe.
italian101978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Apexs

try looking here and post if you cant find any info, http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...6&page=9&pp=30
Apexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Experiment with tehe location of hte reciever... even try putting it on the servo and see what happens... also route the antenna away from the motor and esc.

The MM does tend to have more radio issues but you should have a good range.

How far was the range before? Sound like maybe it wasn't very good then either so maybe a new radio/rx will be needed?
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Tech Master

Add a glitch buster to an open channel in the R/X. It is usually a capacitor that keeps the current to the R/X stable. Depending on the battery pack you are using the Mamba maybe pulling to much current if it is small capacity pack. Futaba and Novak make them or even the local hobby shop can make one for you. Again they are just a capacitor with a Futaba plug to plug into the R/X.

Quote:
Description
The Glitch Buster Capacitor is Novakís weapon in the war against glitching. The same technology that professional racers around the world have been using to fight glitching problems is now available for everyone. The Glitch Buster works by storing power from the BEC, and acting as a filter to eliminate any noises generated by servos that can wreak havoc on your radio system. Another benefit of using Novakís Glitch Buster is that it reduces the load on the ESCís BEC, and improves response time, which makes the servo faster! The high-capacity, super low-resistance capacitor comes pre-wired and ready to install into any standard receiver. Simply plug it directly into any open channel or battery slot on the receiver, and experience a glitch-free ride.
Here is the link to the web site: http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...=NOV5626/135.0

Let us know if that fixed it?
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Just put a MM5700 in my XXX-4 yesterday and I seem to be getting glitches now too. While screaming around the track, it occasionally seems to slam on the brakes for a split-second. I can hear the belt skip when that happens, so I checked the driveline and couldn't find anything else that could be causing it. My radio is 75MHz FM.
Attached Thumbnails
mamba max ?-mmxxx4.jpg  
pserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pserve is that blue box your receiver, if so that is your problem.
The wires form the ESC to motor make electrical noise which will cause interference to the receiver. Your best bet is to try and get both the ESC and receiver as far apart as possible to help prevent that from happening. Another way to help is to make the wires shorter, and braid them together to help cancel the electrical noise that causes interference (making them shorter will help to keep the wires away form the receiver).

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pserve
While screaming around the track, it occasionally seems to slam on the brakes for a split-second.
I have seen the same thing at times... I really don't know what is causing it... I run Spektrum and my rx is not near the esc... several different cars too.

It doesn't happen much but I have seen it a few times. It can't be good on the drivetrain for sure.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to blue.coupe

Has anyone figured out a fix for the glitching problems?
blue.coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Did you check for a bare spot on a wire that might be grouding the signal?

I ran an XXX4 with the electronics in he same exact layout and never had any trouble on three different types of tracks. However it wasn't a Mamba ESC.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw View Post
Did you check for a bare spot on a wire that might be grouding the signal?

I ran an XXX4 with the electronics in he same exact layout and never had any trouble on three different types of tracks. However it wasn't a Mamba ESC.
Yes I have checked just about everything, tried a different radio, receiver, module, even put my radio on a non BL truck(with no glitch).
Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

had same problems get 2.4 radio or shortn wires make sure ur receiver is as far away as poss. but if u go 2.4 u will be all good
rjs_13203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs_13203 View Post
had same problems get 2.4 radio or shortn wires make sure ur receiver is as far away as poss. but if u go 2.4 u will be all good
Gonna try that this afternoon. Will let you know how it does.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Good ol' mamba's !!

I actually got to use a car with one this weekend and it is by far not on par with a gtb, SP, and lrp. But hey you can have reverse and tune it on your laptop !
Old 05-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Good ol' mamba's !!

I actually got to use a car with one this weekend and it is by far not on par with a gtb, SP, and lrp. But hey you can have reverse and tune it on your laptop !
I knew you wouldn't let an opportunity like this pass you by!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just a matter of time till he showed up, lol. my mm5700 is all good, turns my sp into a rocket from what he says i would be screwed with a REAL system.
rjs_13203 is offline   Reply With Quote