Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-T help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XXX-T help

Does any one know if someone makes Aluminum and graphite parts for the xxx-T. Thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You can get the whole truck in graphite, but Im guessing you want the carbon fiber looking graphite or something, which Ive never seen.

Aluminum, Im not sure as well, but for a racer or basher its not really recommended because it bends so easily.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Losi makes full graphite parts for the XXX-T - chassis, shock towers, suspension arms etc. What alumimnium parts are you after? You can get titanium hinge pins and turnbuckles

Cheers
Old 02-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

The aluminum shock arms and a shock tower.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rugdog
The aluminum shock arms and a shock tower.
Why do you want aluminum shock arms? 1/8 buggies don't even use aluminum shock arms

Cheers
Old 02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its not a recommendation to do it But if you like the bling!!!!

http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...el=XXX-T&pid=1
Old 02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just search around for MF1 parts... you can get every part of your truck in graphite.

Aluminium not a good idea IMO. Key to these trucks is keeping them light!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

The reason I want aluminum is because I just put a novak 3.5R brushless and I don't know how well teamlosi's grapite parts hold up in hitting a wall or crashing during a race.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Nothing will survive hitting the wall at the speeds a 3.5 will make (assuming that you have a track with unlimited traction). You would be best served by getting a 7.5 or 6.5. A 3.5 will not work in offroad, you may not even be able to gear a XXX-t down low enough for one.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you're dead keen on going Captain Insano with the motor.. then might just be best to leave everything as plastic.

Stuff WILL break if you clip objects at that speed. Better off doing a plastic a-arm that costs a few bucks and a few minutes to replace... rather than snapping a chassis or the like...
Old 02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Here are some sites to get your bling on....

www.teamtrinity.com

www.teambluestar.com

www.asiatees.com

www.lunsfordracing.com
Old 02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

I've upgraded my RTR XXX-T for full graphite since I've owned it. I broke more plastic pieces and that is the main reason I upgraded. I figured since it was broke might as well upgrade.

If I were to add anything aluminum on my XXX-T, it would probably be the front and rear pivot blocks and maybe the rear hubs and front steering buckles. Thing is, you add alot of aluminum and hit something really hard your gonna bend the aluminum and the initial shock of the impact will probably break the plastic or graphite parts connected to it. Might as well break one part rather than replacing a bunch.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rugdog
The reason I want aluminum is because I just put a novak 3.5R brushless and I don't know how well teamlosi's grapite parts hold up in hitting a wall or crashing during a race.
Aluminum will just bend!!!! Get graphite! And with that motor you are going to need really, really good tires to get traction. What tires do you plan on using?

Cheers
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It doesn't matter what tires your running, you will never, ever, ever get enough grip to lay down the power that the 3.5R puts out (isn't it over 475W? ). The only place you could possibly get enough grip would be on carpet, but even then the truck would just wheelie all over the place. Basically in a 2wd truck the only thing the 3.5R will be good for is top speed runs. If you do plan on racing the truck at all (as in on a track) please do yourself a favour and buy a 6.5 turn motor. Not even do the the pros use something as insane as a 3.5 turn motor when racing, most of them use a 10 or 11 turn brushed motor which is roughly equivalent to a 6.5 turn brushless motor.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless Corey
I've upgraded my RTR XXX-T for full graphite since I've owned it. I broke more plastic pieces and that is the main reason I upgraded. I figured since it was broke might as well upgrade.

If I were to add anything aluminum on my XXX-T, it would probably be the front and rear pivot blocks and maybe the rear hubs and front steering buckles. Thing is, you add alot of aluminum and hit something really hard your gonna bend the aluminum and the initial shock of the impact will probably break the plastic or graphite parts connected to it. Might as well break one part rather than replacing a bunch.
I'll second that, well said.
I have an MF2, I have only replaced the front pivot plate with a Trinity aluminium part as this is a weak point IMO. Other than that, why are you planning on smacking this thing full flight into a wall? A 3.5 will be absolutley insane in a straight line! I run a 5.5 and the front wheels spend more time off the ground than on it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.