Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why flanged bearings for the steering rack?

I just finished putting together my car (got it yesterday) and am planning on racing it tomorrow. The car when together very smooth and easy. Very nice!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

And another thing I have been noticing....The stock ball cups like...never ever get loose! is anyone else noticing this? I havn't had to replace a single one yet for cause of wear or it popping off during a race or anything....I've even popped them off to adjust ball stud locations/shims and still haven't had any excess play result in them so far...amazing!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Jason
Why flanged bearings for the steering rack?

I just finished putting together my car (got it yesterday) and am planning on racing it tomorrow. The car when together very smooth and easy. Very nice!
I found it hard to find a happy medium with the bushings in the steering rack. They were always either too loose or binding. The bearings make things nice and smooth and keep it that way. You can get them from AVID for $2 for the pair. Well worth it.

The stock ball cup are awesome! maybe because of the bigger ball having more surface area?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My car got pretty good yesterday, then it went to crap. It got where it just wouldnt jump straight or land for anything. I went out on the track and could hear a whirling noise. Is it possible ive blown out some hub bearings? I havent looked at it yet. I was too irritated with how the day went to look at it after I got home last night lol. Im thinking about thrashing on it this morning and driving the hour drive back up to enid to practice for 4 hours and try to sort it out.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
And another thing I have been noticing....The stock ball cups like...never ever get loose! is anyone else noticing this? I havn't had to replace a single one yet for cause of wear or it popping off during a race or anything....I've even popped them off to adjust ball stud locations/shims and still haven't had any excess play result in them so far...amazing!
yep the best ever, try that on a tamiya, slop city after a few race meets.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
I've run both and went back to the stock arms. The only things you really need are the flanged bearings for the steering rack and Ti Turnbuckles. The car is good right out of the box.
ya gota get the bearings for the steering.
kyosho has them in a package.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

My RB5 in the for sale thread

Picked up a full sponsorship for another buggy
Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
My RB5 in the for sale thread

Picked up a full sponsorship for another buggy
Welcome to the GV2 club lol.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Old 10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I wouldn't sell it so fast. Sometime its not worth the free ride when dealing with second rate stuff I know a few drivers that tried the car and went back to there orignal buggy good luck! get extra pins!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

The Academy car is top notch, they have been in the R/C business for many years and this is nothing new to them. They had electric buggies out long before Losi, kyosho and AE came along. Circa '80/'81

The Academy car suits me better, but I am curious who you know has tried the car since there are only a one in the states right now and its a prototype not production car. It is racing in Missouri this weekend with David Alberico at the wheel and the first day racing it q'd third overall with two TQ runs missed by just tenths. Its worthy, I like the design a quite a bit more
Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

2nd rate? You ever own one? My SBV2 4wd is the most durable 4wd I have raced and owned. I had my doubts at first, but I gave it a shot and glad I did. I think the new buggy will be great. I am not sure if they will have the drivers to drive it, but it will be a good buggy.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Academy car is top notch, they have been in the R/C business for many years and this is nothing new to them. They had electric buggies out long before Losi, kyosho and AE came along. Circa '80/'81

The Academy car suits me better, but I am curious who you know has tried the car since there are only a one in the states right now and its a prototype not production car. It is racing in Missouri this weekend with David Alberico at the wheel and the first day racing it q'd third overall with two TQ runs missed by just tenths. Its worthy, I like the design a quite a bit more
a factory guy at my track just signed with MRC and is awaiting delivery of his academy 2W...he is already running their 4W...he seems to like the cars so far!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whats a good site to get setup ideas from?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default setups

yodace- I sent you a pm back
check this for setups pn this form there has been some good ones posted.
Look back a while for the setup that Joe Pillars posted from the Worlds.
later Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.