XRAY XB8EC THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8EC THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I guess you can, only you won't feel the full advantage of them, as they have more travel so the shock tower and the arms are different, to accomodate that extra travel.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taurius
I guess you can, only you won't feel the full advantage of them, as they have more travel so the shock tower and the arms are different, to accomodate that extra travel.
maybe i better change the shock towers and the arms too
Old 03-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you upgrade both, front and rear it looks like a almost 200$ upgrade, and i guess you can get about 200$ for your old xb8, why not add another 200$ and get a completely new buggy ?
The shocks, towers and arms still won't make it like the new EC (It has more weight on the rear, to make the rear end more stable) and for the extra money you would get a completely new buggy, no need to worry about worn out diff gears, universals or play.
I would vote for a completely new buggy.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

I love my xray TQ. Just recently bought a new one because it was cheaper sell my old one and buy a new one.

I have done some modifications that will make it closer to the EC:

*Modded the shocks for more down travel (droop)
*Added wieght to the rear (to help simulate rearward mounted motor)
*Modded suspension arms for more down travel and steering.

So far the changes have been great and make the car easier to drive.

Here is a pic of the modded shock shafts. I was able to get another 1mm of shock travel wihout effecting the bladder. Its hard to tell, but look at the pistons and smaller piston lock nut.

Jason K
Attached Thumbnails XRAY XB8EC THREAD-dscn1379.jpg  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone heard on when this car is supposed to be in the US?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

For those who think these slight modifications will not make a difference you are mistaken. I have had many different 1/8th buggies and everyone has had some strengths and weaknesses because of slight differences like these. If you dont think moving the engine back a few millimeters wont change how the car drives your wrong.

I had the Xb8 but sold it because I struggled every time I was at a rough track. Got the Jammin and then the 777 both of them have the engine placed further back than the Xb8. Both of them were much better on the rough tracks.

We were fortunate enough to have the Wheelers come out to one of my local tracks for a big race. They were using a chassis similiar to the Kanai 3 chassis. They had to share the car since they only had one. Both of them set their fastest times for the weekend with the car with the special chassis. They did alot of the R&D on this new chassis and I think may have even come up with the idea.

Will bigger shocks make a difference? I believe so but not as much as the chassis. But I could be wrong it might be a big difference not just because of the new bore but also because of the new better machined pistons. Most of the oil goes around the piston as the shock is compressed. When pistons are machined they are all identical and perfectly round that will make the shocks much more consistent.

I will be getting a xb8ec as soon as they are available. Its everything I liked about the Xb8 (parts quality, adjustability, and how easy it is to work on) and everything I wished was different plus bigger bore shocks. I cant wait.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

i wish that x-ray will include their beautiful cnc machined aluminum chasis braces in the next batch of XB-8EC not complaining that the composite braces will not be enough but that aluminum brace will be a bonus and a standard tuning item in the kit as well
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *Topher*
Anyone heard on when this car is supposed to be in the US?
With any luck, we're hoping for them to ship this week, but hey lets be serious, who's lucky anymore?!?! They'll probably ship out next week, so it puts them two weeks away at the most...
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buboy28
maybe i better change the shock towers and the arms too
If you just wanted the shocks on the car, you would have to change the front shock tower along with the shocks. The arms would be alright, but I would recommend the new EC arms.

If you wanted to go all out, you could buy the TQ front and rear suspension ($35 and $60 respectively), shocks (when they come out ($40/pair)) and the front shock tower ($30)!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
If you just wanted the shocks on the car, you would have to change the front shock tower along with the shocks. The arms would be alright, but I would recommend the new EC arms.

If you wanted to go all out, you could buy the TQ front and rear suspension ($35 and $60 respectively), shocks (when they come out ($40/pair)) and the front shock tower ($30)!
thanks i will try that will check A-Main Hobbies if they already have the big bore shocks and the new EC arms as well
Old 04-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

They won't have the big bore shocks or arms, as we don't yet.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey rocco dumb question for ya. Do the parts get shipped the same time as the kits? When the EC starts shipping out of the retailers does that mean those retailers will have the EC parts in stock (like the conversion kit? )

regards

speed metal

Last edited by speed metal; 04-08-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
They won't have the big bore shocks or arms, as we don't yet.
yup you are right they dont have it yet only the TQ arms any idea on the ETA of the said EC parts thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

We already have some of the EC parts in... The rest should come with the kits or maybe before that. I will know for sure at the beginning of next week when we get confirmation of what's shipping from them.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Upgrade conversion

....just waitin' on the EC upgrade conversion part number to be announced, the rest is easy.

D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.