Community
Wiki Posts
Search

break in help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks guys, but i cant continue to break it in till the weekend. i just messed up my reveiver pack
Old 02-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Break in help

Hi,
I'm breaking in an engine and am having trouble keeping it running. The first thing I noticed was how tight the carb screw is. Once started, it wouldn't idle. It started easliy quite a few times, but now the pullstart won't pull as if it were flooded. I know it's not because I've taken the glow plug out a few times and the pullstart is ok, but then when the plug goes back in the pullstart won't pull, it just jerks.
Anyone have any idea what's going on ??
Thanks for your help,
32819toon
Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

the motor is still that tight. loosen the glow plug about a turn and 1/2 then start it and tighten plug. also if you have a heat gun warm the motor up first before you try to start it. having a pull start for break in is a BIG PAIN IN THE........
by the time your done breaking it in you'll wonder why you have it and not a starter box or a rotor start. which a rotor start goes right on to any pull start motor, check hot bodies website to see if one is avaliable for your motor.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks azbobby. It's not my first car, so I've done a few runs ins, but I've never tried heating the engine first. I'll give that a go tonight.
Regards,
32819toon