Search

What upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default What upgrades?

Hey Guys,

I just recieved a Kyosho Inferno MP 777 buggy on a trade.To tell you the truth, I know nothing about this thing! It came as part of several vehicles in the trade. The guy said it was a very good machine to race around with, so I figured, what the heck? I was wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of upgrades I could make to this thing to either make it faster or better then factory setup? What websites should I be looking at for these upgrades? I don't know what parts even fit on this thing! I sure would appreciate any information I can get for this buggy! I don't have a manual for this buggy, so that makes it a little harder to figure out. Aloha, Curt.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Must will tell you Fioroni or Kingheadz.

Here is a link to get every hopup in one package (trust me it is way cheaper this way).
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4851

But do you need it to be fast? Not really the Kyosho is good right out the box.
Just race it. Get use to setups and practice with it.
That is the cheapest hopup.
If you haven't spent any time pulling trigger on a 8th scale than you should put more $$ in tires. CRIMEFIGHTERS M2's are a good anywhere tire. (heck I have some for sale in the FS/FT threads.
Best bet go to your local track and ask the local guys which part break at that track..
Cause at mine, Arms and CVDs are the only thing that ever broke and thats hitting a piece of wood sticking way out....LOL
Also Clutch bearings are a must as far as spares to get...
BOCA Bearing has them for sale for .99 cents.
Hope this has helped,
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by waipahe
Hey Guys,

I just recieved a Kyosho Inferno MP 777 buggy on a trade.To tell you the truth, I know nothing about this thing! It came as part of several vehicles in the trade. The guy said it was a very good machine to race around with, so I figured, what the heck? I was wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of upgrades I could make to this thing to either make it faster or better then factory setup? What websites should I be looking at for these upgrades? I don't know what parts even fit on this thing! I sure would appreciate any information I can get for this buggy! I don't have a manual for this buggy, so that makes it a little harder to figure out. Aloha, Curt.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Exclamation

How much you want for the tires? Does it come with rims too? What can you tell me about the motor? It says Rex 21 on the side of the engine? The head says 421B and is blue in color. The pipe is a Jammin JP-1. Like I said, really new to r/c period. But trying. Curt