is spektrum all that.....really?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is spektrum all that.....really?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default is spektrum all that.....really?

hey guys i have a 2pl just to upgrade form my crap
radio in my mf2, but it still glitches
spektrum sais there radios dont glitch
and the motor dosent studder wen accelerating
is that true?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Many other things contribute to glitching....

But is spektrum "All That"?.. yes.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use a JR Z1 radio with a spektrum system and yeah I have to say that the system totally rocks.

No more clips and waiting to practice
Tune on your stuff in pits when races are going on
Never have to worry about someone else on your channel
Spektrum stands behind their stuff and tech support is great

Spektrum is the best investment by far to a racer or basher. The next I think would have to be a personal transponder.

Just my .02
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree. Practicing with no wait and being able to work on the vehicle in the pit is priceless. If you race micros the 3500rx is insanely tiny and Spektrum just released a new line of TXs the dx2.0 and dx3.0. They are on the JR XS platform. I have a JR R1 w a pro module and I just picked up the new 3.0.
The only issue I had w my Spektrum was it does not work with Automatic set up ESCs (LRP Runner)
Old 11-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

True, just the idea of not worring with channels is worth it.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I went to a big race and it was only my third outing with my car so I was ready for a full two days of fun racing.By the time my second qualifier came around I started having radio problems which made it impossible to drive my car.Third qualifier the same and in my E-main the same so all I got to do was pay 40$ and sit on my ass for 2 days without being able to run.At that point I said to myself I will not run again until I have that spectrum unit on my radio.For 150 I am at total peace of mind now knowing that it will never be an issue again for me so yes it is so well worth it.You can run your car to pre warm up your motor before your race as my Vspec needs that.TOTAL PEACE OF MIND
Old 11-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

I would say its definitely worth it. Its a lot less to worry about, and it has a built in fail-safe, in case something does go wrong.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

yes, it's worth it. i don't even run motor caps anymore.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks fellas i think ill purchase spektrum
im tired of glitchin
Old 11-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking sensor

i use the nomadio sensor and i have never had an issue with glitching etc.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Initiate

It is worth every penny. It's the best money I've spent on this hobby. Never a single glitch and range like you won't believe, if you can see it, you can control it and NO xtals to change!
Old 11-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

The two best R/C products I ever bought in the last 13 years:

Airtonics M8
Spektrum
PT
Old 11-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I actually went back to my regular module for my 3pk. Granted I had a first generation Spectum but i would ose signal at lest 10 times per tank in my truggy. The driver stand is built on top of a storage containerand i when i would walk behind it to go up the ramp i had nothing! Just look at the mains sheets the next time you go to a big race. The higher the main the fewer spectrums! BY the way since i went back no problems and i dont have to wait for practice either, there are always a lot of frequencies open!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've run at that track (ARC) a few times with my "old school" Spektrum (first batch) and I've never had that problem once...it is a long blind walk around the back for sure, but I can always hear my car and I've never lost signal.

9.832 times out of 10 if you "lose signal" on a Spektrum, it's the failsafe kicking in because of battery voltage. Loose connectors, corrosion, bad cell in the pack...anything that will drop the voltage will cause it.

I love mine and I'll never go back to crystals...ever.

Originally Posted by tcmerf
I actually went back to my regular module for my 3pk. Granted I had a first generation Spectum but i would ose signal at lest 10 times per tank in my truggy. The driver stand is built on top of a storage containerand i when i would walk behind it to go up the ramp i had nothing! Just look at the mains sheets the next time you go to a big race. The higher the main the fewer spectrums! BY the way since i went back no problems and i dont have to wait for practice either, there are always a lot of frequencies open!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I mainly race electric indoor offroad racing, and for the longest time I thought that I had plenty of channels and didn't need a spektrum type system. Until a novice drive decided to turn his radio on and put my car straight into the wall (not on purpose) breaking the chassis. It is quite an investment, especially if you have multiple cars, but I believe it is worth it. Just as the previous post suggests, you need correct voltage going to the reiciever along with good connections in order to keep the reciever from going into failsafe mode.

There has been plenty of heat saying that the DSSS spektrum system is not as good as the newer FHDSS systems comming out, but I honestly have been to some big national events and my system has not slowed down because of many spektrum systems chewing up the bandwith.

I think you will see more pros start to use this technology as soon as the radio companys that sponsor them come out with the technology.

-Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.