Wiki Posts
Search

mr4bx vs Bj4

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default mr4bx vs Bj4

what is the common concenses when comparing these two buggies. Is the Bj4 non worlds a lot more sturdy? The battery packs on the Yoko look like a pain but the car is super precision. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donnie
Is the Bj4 non worlds a lot more sturdy?
Exactly what do you mean? The Worlds kit is much more stable to drive than the origional, and much easier to work on. As for durability, from my experience the origional and worlds are identical.
Jconcepts has much better parts support than Yokomo in the U.S.
Both the BJ4 and Yok are impressive cars to drive.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I would have to reccomend the BJ4 for a whole host of reasons; parts availability, support, sealed drivetrain, US designed and made, shaft drive, and setups to name a few. Jason and the guys over at JConcepts are great, haha.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think that both are great cars. For my driving style the Yok seems to work the best, I just like the feel of it. Parts availability is definitely an issue with the Yok, but luckily very few parts actually break. After I double up the shock towers, I have broken zero parts. The BJ4 is an awesome car and parts are definitely easier to get, as well as setup information. The sealed drivetrain is also nice, especially if you are racing on an outdoor track. My nod for the easiest car to support and maintain would go to the BJ4. As for the best driving car I would call it dead even.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I acquired the BJ4 and the Yoke BX and I kept the Yoke. I think it comes down to weather you want to run belts or a shaft. I like belts and the fact that I can add a little drag to the front wheels or lock them up with the adjustable center one way. Parts don't come easy for the Yokomo. Good thing it's built like a tank. I'm just glad it dose not handle like on, more like a formula one race car.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

actually i would go with the yok. becuase i always hear people stripping the diff gears in there bj4's because they haven't figured out what a slipper is made for. i personally like belt drives more than shaft because the belts have give wereas the shafts bevel gears are very weak. plus i think there is alot more precision in the yok. buggy. the other issue of parts support there are plent of websites that are fully stocked on yok. parts. i like belts way more even though i race a lazer. haha. i just love how the car drives and how it feels.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thanks...this is what I was looking for....I have a xxx4 and very much enjoy the car...looking for another addition to the "herd"....keep the comments coming...I realize other than driving skill and technique, the parts challenge for the Yok would be the question...thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

I had a XX4 and a XXX4 before I got the Yoke. I feel the Yoke is a way better car than the XXX4 and only slightly better than the XX4. The Yoke Beats the XX4 hands down in the durability department that is for sure and just an all around better car then the XXX4 IMO.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

no parts problem for the yoke....just order from yokomousa and it usually comes in 3 days. You really wont need many parts anyways. the car is built very very strong
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Team Tekin

I also run the Yokomo. Parts aren't hard to get at all. Wheels are easy, just use Losi's. Parts on this car are very solid. Double up your rear shock tower and you're dialed. This car seems easier to drive fast for me then the Bj4. The Bj4 is a great car and like someone stated before the drivetrain is sealed which is nice. The yokomo will require a little more maintenance but it's worth it if you're like me and faster with the car.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I've owned both. I sold the Yoke because of the open drivetrain. I race outdoor and would DNF about 1 in 6 races with dirt under the rear pulley.

Handling - different but both were good. I found steering to be better on the BJ (more turn-in when off power) and was easier to correct if you got off line. It also has much more front and rear droop that you can dial up or down as needed.

The BJ4 is a weaker car though. I replaced nothing in the Yokomo in almost a whole season of racing. First meet with the BJ and I broke a rear arm in a minor collision, and the rear of the carbon fibre chassis looks to be delaminating already.

Parts for both are easy. RC Champ on this website ships to Oz in 3 days and stocks all Yokomo parts. BJ is a purchase of either Losi or Associated parts, or a direct order from JConcepts. So that shouldn't sway your decision.

My advice would be to drive one. I found the BJ more aligned to the XXX-4 handling.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I know that JConcepts is addressing the "weak" arms by changing the compound used, so they give a little more.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where do you go to get Yokomo parts. Can't find any hobby shops?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
www.stormerhobbies.com
Old 11-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
You can also buy direct from Yokomo, who are local.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.