I need a durable electric rig!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need a durable electric rig!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

The reason they snap the arms easily on a pipe clip is because of the low amount of kickup in the front. The XXX-4 G+ is pretty durable when you change out the graphite front pivots for aluminum and do the kingpin mod available at 4wdrc.com. If you are not using the Graphite front arms with the X brace in them I would advise switching to them. Also, it always gets me when people slam (light hit) these 1/10 scale buggies into a pipe at 30 to 40 mph and get upset when they break something.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
XXX4 has a reputation as a fragile car... when compared to other 4wds (apples to apples) it's just a fact. No offense to xxx4 owners...

Exactly! I do find this thread informative though.Oddly enough I've never broken an arm on my XXX4G+.I guess thats because I use stock pivots.I cant find a full set of Aluminum ones.I break front spindles & carriers,front pivots, front shock towers and front diff. outdrives.I have never counted hitting something,I know parts will break when you hit things.I break stuff off jumps and before anyone says it ,even well landed jumps.Just for the record I have at least 10 other (older 4WD) buggys including a XX4 so I'm not a stranger to 4WD buggys or a Losi hater.

The JConcepts aluminum caster blocks look like they will work on the XXX4 anyone know if thats the case.If any of you XXX4 owners know where I can get the aluminum pivots a link would be great.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Another nice thing with the SBs (V1s for sure and I think V2s) is that you can turn them into a truggy or a truck (ie- longer arms) with stock Academy parts. For the truggy effect, if I remember correctly, you can use traxxas rear wheels and get that nice offset and truggy around. This should bolt up to both the V1 and V2s.

For a true truck effect you can use the suspension from the nitro truck on the SB V1 (not sure yet of the V2) and go that route.