Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin

Over the summer I purchased three G11 Pro's for all my cars because they are the best built speed controls on the market IMO. When I bought my first one Tekin said that there was no need for a capacitor because their speed controls could handle the low turn mods. Well after a couple blow ups from other G11 owners they realized they had a problem and admitted it on their website and advised current owners on what they should do until they come out with their own capacitor.

They since have released a cap for their speed controls and include them now with the G11 speed controls. Since I bought my speed controls before this all went down I didn't have get any caps. I asked what I needed to do to get caps for my speedos and they got my mail address and sent me 3 caps free of charge. They also sent me a bunch of extra stickers and a really nice team hat.

This is the kind of things that really make customers happy. They went out and admitted there was a flaw with their product and they went above and beyond what they needed to do to fix it and keep this customer satisfied.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jim and all the folks at Tekin are a class act. It doesn't surprise me they did all that for ya. It's people and companies like Tekin that make R/C's worth while.

Kevin
Old 09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Tekin's customer service is first rate. I still remember when I had purchased a used G-10 from them and got the newer style one with the 4 wire setup. I wanted soldering posts, and to give me that (as they didn't have anymore of the g-10) they sent me out a G-10 Pro + !

Simply the best. If I do electric again, tekin all the way.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Team Tekin

That's what Tekin is all about. Glad to hear that you're happy with the product. The "flaw" was more or less the recent increase of power the new cells are producing. That coupled with a low turn mod, the G11's ability to give you every last drop of juice simply got the unit on the edge. At the onroad nats LRP's, Novaks, and Keyence's were all having heat issues. That place sounded like a bee hive with all the fans!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

We work really hard on trying to do the right thing for all old and new Tekin customers. I am glad everything worked for you.

Scooter
Team Tekin
Old 09-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

i just purchased a g11 pro from aus and it didnt have a cap with it.bummer.

i am having trouble setting any brakes on it.
i run gp3700,nomadio sensor and checkpoint 9x1 in my RC10 T2
i have followed the instructions as to basic set up but there are no brakes.the led goes to the brake on the speedy but the brakes arent coming on.

any ideas?i might go and ask at the tekin forums
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Team Tekin

Ok, I have an idea that we ran into on another radio setup. I believe that the Nomadio is 2.4ghz right? We ran into an issue with the HRS Futaba radio where it was pulsing the input signal fast enough to soften the brake feel. He switched over to normal PCM function and his problem was fixed. Since I don't know enough about the Nomadio maybe this "idea" will help.

If you would like the Cap I would contact Tekin directly and see if they could "help you out." I didn't look at where you are at but if you are near me I'd be more then happy to send or give you one in person.

I'm sure you've checked the normal radio esc issues from the sound of it. Do you have simply NO brakes at all or are they weak?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

im in australia,

i did have my old novak hammer pro in there that ran fine.it didnt have the punch that the tekin delivers.the G11 has made it like a whole new beast.
it quite possible could be a setting on the radio that i have overlooked.on my next days off i will try a few different things with it.

it has no brakes at all.
im not sure if i can switch to "pcm" with the nomadio but i will definitely look into it.

thanks Dallas.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Team Tekin

I am waiting on some info from Nomadio, but here is what we know.

First when calibrating if you do not give a reverse/brake throttle it will disable the brakes. So when radio calibrating make sure you hold the full throttle for 1 sec and then hold the full brake for 1 sec then release to neutral.

There are 2 frame rates on the nomadio, 50hz and 100hz. The faster rate may make the brakes seem weak, but not completely gone... and Yes the HRS systems are such a fast frame rate that the brakes will be weak, but will not effect the drive.

These ultra fast frame rates are catching lots of products by surprise... lack of cooperation and communication in the industry which we are trying to reduce. Analog servos will struggle as well.

Tekin Prez
Old 09-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey jim do you have a brushless system for my 1/8 scale buggy yet?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Talking

thanks for the info.ill have a look to see if i can slow it to the slower frame rate.
can the tekin caps be purchased from the tekin site or should i wait for the deadly new website to be up and running.

do the G11 still have the open bottom on the cases?

as for the servo, i used to run an am stick radio and my servo is a standard futaba.just by using the nomadio sped the servo up more than i could have imagine.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Team Tekin

Yes you can get the caps on Tekin's site. I would highly recomend it for high capacity batteries and most mod motors. Yes the G11 is still open on the bottom. I've yet to see this actually cause an issue except in Europe where they run in the rain!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

yea, i dont run in the rain at all.i was just curious.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Talking fast

as i posted on the Tekin forums,i have tried changing the endpoints and resetting the speedy but sill cant get brakes.

i have no idea on how to change from 100hz to 50hz or if it can be done,but i will scroll through the instructions to see if it is possible.

im sure there will be an easy way out,i hope so because i plan to power my other cars with the G11 as well.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Default bummer

i tried running the same system but using an older Am radio and still no brakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.