Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.21 engine problem plz help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default .21 engine problem plz help

hi i have an x-ray xb8 and have no problem with it the problem is that the engine has lost compression and still goes tho when i use it for a few mins it starts bogging down for the first 2-3 secs of trigger then it shoots off with no problems so i need to get rid of this 2-3 sec pause as it loses time and is uncompfortable driving like that i want smooth acceleration from the instant i pull the trigger any ideas??
Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Are you getting a lot of smoke when it is bogging down ? If not you are getting a lean bog and running the engine lean . Also a little more info is helpful . What temp is the engine running at ? What engine and which glow plug are you using ?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If, as you say, the engine has lost its compression then it will only run for a few minutes or until it warms up enough so that the sleeve expands and then there is no compression at all. That is the reason it bogs down.

Time for a rebuild or engine replacement.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default pinching

i think i may have cured the problem of the bog down by reducing my idle screw setting but by doing that i have another problem of the engine dying after it gets warm when its idling so thats why i increased the idle screw in the first place so it wouldnt stall but by doing this it the car moves without applying brakes or no throttle so i guess ill have to compromise until i can get a new engine or piston and sleeve.

i think ive run out of options with this engine except one which is the pinch ive heard about. anyone know how to achieve this in the best way possible?
i have heard you use a pipe cutter but how much pressure or how tight should i set the pipe cutter and will a cheap cutter do the trick?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

No! cheap pinchers for RC sleeves are bad. only one place iver herd that does the job. Rayaracing.

Cheap ones distort the sleeve and doesnt keep it perfectly circular...goes oval.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

There are some good pinchers available on ebay and other sites . But if you are not carefull you can very easily overpinch and then you are screwed . I have a few pinchers and have been using them for a few years now and have become very good with them . Since you have never used one , take your engine someone that does pinching or if you have a few old junk engines laying around you can practice on those first . If you use anything else but a proper pincher you will ruin the sleeve and oval it . Don`t ever try any of these cheap myths that don`t work properly .
Old 08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

ok thanks for the tip i have hobby shops in my area that dont do this stuff but have heard of shops that do which is a bit of a drive so i guess ill have to fill the petrol tank.