Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tank, or New Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Tank, or New Chassis

So I have a HPI rs4 mt, the first model, and I have an OS CV-R .15 engine that I got two years ago. I completly broke the engine in then stored it for a year and a half or so with oil in the sleve and turned it over every 3 months or so. I checked the engine the other day and it's fine there is no rust on the piston and sleeve and it's clean as anything. I stopped using it after break in because the o-ring on the tank primer had corroded away and little red rubber fragments were getting in the fuel line. The entire car is pretty good condition but it is dirty as anything and some screws on the body are stripped and its basically just showing signs of a 4 and a half year old car thats been through 12 or 13 gallons of fuel and 45 replacement parts lol. I was thinking about either just replacing the gas tank and using it or getting a new rolling frame. I guess i could use the servos and remote from the car I have now they are fine, and the engine is ready to be let loose. I'm really eager because it's completly broken in but I have never seen the OS go full speed yet and i'm expecting good things. Any ideas? And if anyone has a rolling chassis in good condition that can support a regular shaft non P/S .15 engine let me know =)
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

When I had an hpi car the first thing I did was pull the primer out of it, stuff a screw in there, and hot glue the heck outta it. Surprisingly the hot glue held great and I never had an air leak from the tank. So you could try that for a no $$ cheap fix to get running.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Nah the tank has an air leak in the top of the tank as well. Im about to sell everything including the engine and Paris tuned pipe and build an rc10gt.. start off new.