Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Trinity give a crap about Customers? >

Does Trinity give a crap about Customers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Trinity give a crap about Customers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Does give a crap

do they

Last edited by JRSXrookie; 03-12-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

And did you hear about the lawsuit they had against Josh Cyrul for some "breach on contract" BS?

This kinda stuff is why I don't buy trinity products.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

All they care about is money, money, cash... Hmm... Oh yeah, and money.

That's why they make their own products obsolete 2 weeks after releasing them. Personally I don't like the control they have over the industry, it's kind of unfair to other companies out there to have to compete with the power of Trinity. I think of them as the Wal-Mart of the R/C industry.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have to agree. I've bought Trinity products for years from cars, to batteries, to motors, etc. I emailed them about a part for a car and never heard from them. I guess my $$$$ goes elsewhere.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This is certainly very disturbing to hear. Not only for the way they treat customers, but their own staff, to boot. Terrible, terrible business practices.

I believe that the very last Trinity product I ever owned was a 12-turn stock motor 17 years ago; wasn't terribly impressed with it. Since my return to R/C, I haven't found anything from Trinity to my liking, and if indeed these grumblings about management are true, I'll definitely keep away from their stuff.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Funny, I heard stories like this in 1985, too. I dealt with something similar, myself, with a Reflex12. Poor quality control, terrible customer service, and absolutely abhorrent product/part support made me sell that car before I even raced it.

If you want to really get into the man-handling of the entire industry over the years, we can talk about the manipulation of trends through their magazine advertising dollars, the shameless grandstanding from the owner who has on more than a couple occasions taken out ads to write "open" letters of complaints to sanctioning bodies for "non Trinity" decisions, and a general bully-like attitude towards most other small companies in the R/C industry.

I'm sure there are plenty of stories from the slot car world of the 70s that are fairly similar, as well.

With the exception of a handful of Jim Dieter-designed cars and products, I try to avoid Ernie's products if at all possible. With "EPIC" stamped on just about every stock motor out there, sometimes, it isn't all that easy to do.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trinity has had a huge monopoly on the market for some time, let's face it that the majority of the stock motors out there are from trinity.

After my last Sirio (subsequently no longer supported) I will not buy and more trinity products. Whatever motors I have left are what I'm running until they are useless, then I'm only using Orion and Reedy.

Trinity is well known for their "open letters" and they've been doing it for a long time. I'm sure there's a fear with brushless up and coming, Novak and LRP (besides Hacker, lehner...) have the head start and it would take a lot of throwing money at people to get Trinity up to speed in the brushless market. Buty then it would kill their strangle hold on the brushed market.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

It bothers me that they don't even care about advancing the hobby. Orion came out with the V-endbell, round brushes, and a bunch of other stuff. Reedy came out with high tech quad mag motors, and a bunch of high performance arm blank designs. Trinity just keeps on making these standard motors without even caring. When so much of a hobby is dominated by one company, they can grow more resiliant to the competition. For example, if Trinity was the only remaining motor manufacuter in the world, they would never, EVER change the way a motor is designed and built. Furthurmore, they would never update any motor designs.

This is happening even with competition from other companies. What has Trinity done to advance the technology of the motor? NOTHING..... They tweak the same old motors, use newer components, and build with updated techniques..... for the most part their motors are the same. Newer magnets are a big deal, and even their "Pro" stock motors don't perform like motors that are actually tweaked. Why pay for the "Pro" version if it's a rebadged version of the same motor? Do you think they actually take the time to tune those motors right? They give them a good once over and ship them out.

They have so much of the market in their hands. It's bad for the advancement of motor tech. If one company can singlehandedly out sell the other smaller companies out there, this hobby will never see any real advancements.

Trinity only has ONE brushless motor in their lineup. The reason being... they can't build a brushed motor to beat the likes of Castle Creations. If they could build a micro motor that was as fast as Castle Creations Mamba systems they would have pushed that for another 7 years. Why? They can sell more armatures and brushes of course! That's why they don't sell brushless motors for larger scales. They don't want to hurt their own monopoly on the brush market. Look at Novak..... All they have are brushless motors..... But if Trinity can build the same old 12T motor they've always built and make more money on selling spare brushes and springs than they could selling an entire brushless system they would.

I'm sure if Trinity was the only game in town, they would downgrade the quality of their products JUST SO THAT people would need to buy more spare parts. I wouldn't put it past them. Still, after all this they really are the only game in town for a ROAR legal stock motor.....
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRSXrookie
I want to know if the Big T gives a crap about it's customers.
uh....the short answer would a resounding no.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Trinity

Done

Last edited by JRSXrookie; 03-12-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sounds like a company that is going to be goin down the the drain i had no idea that they treated everyone like that. i had problems with em too when i bought a drake modified motor and it seemed like no one cared heck u cant even cal em on the phone for tech support u got to email em. makes me want to see em go down the drain.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

All this has turned into is a Bash Trinity thread where only a hand full of people continually post. If you listen to the 10 or so people here and assume it is EVERYONE, then so be it. It is shere volume that causes people to be lost through e-mails(which is not the best way to get help anyway), you should CALL to get the best assistance. Just a question, Do you think Walmart would reply to every email they receive concerning their products they sell? Do you think Walmart would replace items they no longer carry(like the lifetime tools they use to carry, "Mechanics Tools") once they stop carrying those tools and switch to a different brand? To listen to rumors is funny, because unless you are directly in the spot light and see the whole situation, you do not know what the truth is.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Kinda funny that other manufactures carry parts for products that are not made anymore.So are you saying that Trinity products are to be thrown away after use since you can't get parts?I race oval and I can get parts for 10 year old cars that are'nt made so that does not hold much water.Sorry to hurt any team drivers felling's since that's the only people that will stick up fo Trinity.That right their tells you something you have to be a team driver to get support.Not hear say that is what I wittnesed.My 2 cents.Craig
Old 07-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello Tol,

Last edited by JRSXrookie; 03-12-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How about you stop crying about it and spend your dollars on another brand. You are starting to sound like the fat girl who got dumped on prom night.

In a free market, the customers' dollars rule. If you don't like something, nobody is forcing you to buy it again. Whining about it on a message board gets you nowhere. Move along, kiddie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.