Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin Brushless testing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Tekin Mini setup is the way to go, it sounds like the 1/10th setup will be similar. I had serveral mini mamba guys come over to look at the Tekin Rage and they liked all the tuning options on the speed control itself, after allowing other drivers to try it out they all thought the throttle curve was smoother.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by David Alberico
all the tuning options on the speed control itself, after allowing other drivers to try it out they all thought the throttle curve was smoother.
I can tune infinately my throttle curve in the Mamba and personally I find hitting tiny buttons and watching lights less user friendly than a simple plug in and play to any USB PC, do the changes and boom its good to go.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

However, if you don't have a laptop at the track and the conditions change you are stuck with what you've got. Or is there some on board tuning on the Mamba?

With the Tekin unit, you can decide 10 seconds before the race if you want to tweak something.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamPRP
However, if you don't have a laptop at the track and the conditions change you are stuck with what you've got. Or is there some on board tuning on the Mamba?

With the Tekin unit, you can decide 10 seconds before the race if you want to tweak something.

With the Mamab, you can either do it via the ESC itself or via a USB to a computer program. So you can change settings at the track.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

why use a computer when you don't need one?

I was running the middle tekin motor and still out motored everything, on regular batteries. and the motor was no where near warm.

Mamba makes a great system but I think the mini brushless winner is the Tekin Rage right now. I can't wait to see the 1/10th scale one.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Why use a computer? Oh...I dunno...cuz it's like 100000000 times easier to program the ESC. Please don't tell me you can change the shape of the response curve in 10 seconds on the Tekin by pusing buttons and counting lights...or I'm gonna hurl.

If you're the kinda guy who's gonna play with the throttle response curve 10 seconds before the race because the dirt got more dry, then you're the kind of guy who can afford some old $50 something or another to program it with. I can program a (big) car ECU with any old laptop, PDA or probaby even a phone...I'm sure the Mamba stuff is the same.

USB programming ROCKS. You can do most everything the old-fashioned way, but it's wonderful to have the option for a $20 cable. And there's no way you can change/update the software/firmware at home pushing a button like you can with the Mamba USB setup.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Guys.You COMPUTER NERDS need to realize that alot of people out there being like less than 20% even know what USB and much less programming it means.
Ask any computer expert.While todays kids are learning it in school you have a HUGE generation of people 18-45 that dont have a clue.Like 83% or greater dont have a CLUE.

The mamba while having USB is pretty much a WASTE and is a pain in the arse if you need to change something at the track and dont have a computer handy.So quit with your CRAP about USB.It's retarded.

Track goes from having tons of traction to none at all and your stuck with a car that isnt smooth because you didnt bring your laptop and dont have a way to program it.Funny I can touch a few buttons and within less than 1-2 minutes have mine set to where it WORKS.....Yea thats what I thought.Stop already......

I have had the mamba and will tell you that the Tekin is SUPER easy to program (lil buttons are you kidding me).You would rather have to load the computer,get the program running while hooking up USB while im out on the track running mine.Come on COMPUTER NERDS stop it.You guys sound like SUPER SMART idiots.lol.

The mamba while a nice system isnt as easy to setup as the tekin is.PERIOD.
So while you can make increase a person with less than 2 yrs experience cant really TELL ANYWAY then you go ahead with your worthless and pretty much USELESS programming.See what it does for you while I can do TRUE adjustments with the touch of a few buttons.

Do I sound bias?Your right I am because I have alot of years in this hobby and REALISTIC...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW. I think he's trying to say it'd be nice to have the option for computer programmability and to be able to update the ESC's software... hence the phrase OPTIONAL USB. It goes without saying that the normal programming buttons will most likely still be there and still work just as well as they always have.

I've been waiting to see how this full-size brushless stacks up, and if it's as smooth as it's rumored to be, I will probably be using one in the 2mod buggy.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Wow...what a tool...LOL

You must have mastered the computer if you're posting here. I think pretty much anybody who's mastered a digital camera (I know there are only a few of THOSE people out there... ) can figure out a mamba. The Mambas are actually a lot easier, IMO.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

come on guys..i mean i know my way around computers, but it isnt that hard to either use "touch" setup or programming setup..i mean buttons are easier..but having a program is also nice because you can set certain things to the way you like it. i think mambas have these chart things that show the throttle curve and whatnot, and i think thats pretty nifty...
Old 06-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Let's see who get's to the market first Tekin or Mamba. It took Tekin forever to come out with their Mini Rage system.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Team Tekin

Look guys you are all missing the point. The whole point to there being different companies and different products is to fill the need of different people.

I personally don't WANT to bring my laptop to the track so I can program a throttle curve(which can be done with a decent radio, ala M11). I LIKE being able to adjust my speedo at the drop of a hat if I notice a subtle or huge traction change on the tracks that I run(this happens quite a bit, watering right before my round is where I will do it the most).

I've programmed the Mamba using the non laptop method and found it quite annoying, on top of that there's little to no way for the average person to just pick it up and understand what they are doing while counting the flashes and beeps! This is what killed Novak's idea when the Pit Wizard came out. It didn't last more then a year! As far as I see it if you want the USB feature to tinker til your hearts content then you choice is simple. If you are looking for something different then,Tekin is simple. Hit the button and set the value via the convient led bar graph.

Run what works for you and don't take it so personal!

I've not run brushless because I never felt connected to the car...the new Tekin is about to change that.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not missing the point. I'm saying that you can do things with a USB very quickly and conveniently that you cannot do at all with a little button and even a thousand LED lights. You can update the firmware if needed or desired and change the response curves for brake and throttle however you want in seconds. You don't have to pick from pre-programmed curves that way.

The simple truth is this: You can have simple, you can have "It does everything"...you can't have both with just a little button. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

And nobody is saying you have to take a computer to the track...geez...you can take one if you want to, there are 5-10 there already on any given night at SoCal, so it's not like you'd be starting a trend.

If it's the consensus of the Tekin freaks that it's just gonna be another regular ESC with a button and LEDs, then I guess there's nothing more to see here.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Here we go

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/mamba_max.html
Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm... Looks just like a hacker system.

Seeing as that's the case, and it also appears to be sensorless, I may end up forking out for the speedy seeing as I have a spare 6T hacker motor sitting here collecting dust.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.