Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger off road

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thunder Tiger off road

I'm looking at getting an off roader for a bit of fun and bashing with the kids. I have looked at a Thunder Tiger DT10 as a cheap car with readily available parts. I went to a local hobby shop and they had loads of Tamiya and Thunder Tiger ones, but not the DT10. The manager explained that he had taken them off sale as loads of people were returning them as they "had faults". When he described some, it sounded like engine problems, or maybe inexperienced users. Does anyone know anything about these cars, and would they recommend one.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

i woudlnt realy go with the dt10.....i have the REALY early version of it and its ok.....but abit sloppy n stuff...

if u want to have some fun go with a hpi savage.......they are by far the most durable thing out there.....i own 1 and i have spent around 1000 bucks on upgrades on it and i let my 4 year old neice drive it around the backyard and over jumps and stuff and i dont have that little voice in the back of my head saying "gimme the controller before u break somting u little braT!".....i have jumped this thing off my roof,broke notthing....raced my mates kyossho inferno 7.5 sports AND his upgraded FW05S with 2 speed and they both have eaten my dust.....and i have had a crappy take off because if i slam the throttle i just wheelstand...lol

thunder tiger bigblock engines are VERY VERY reliable....my .21 has survived accidental overheats,leaning issues and everything....after around 9 litres it still goes hard asif it was still new......and i dont run around the yard like a peepeeman i cane my engines like theres no tomorrow.....and the .21 is in my savage....

for offroading the savage is by far the best IMO...ull see ppl come in ere and say the revo is beter n stuff but the savage is a pure basher and a ready to racer.....if u do get a savage go with the 4.6 SS kit.....piss easy to build and the instructions are realy good...and u can put a nice radio in it toooo.....

but if u do want to go thunder tiger go with a associated MGT or the thunder tiger MTA4.....exactly the same truck and its realy good for bashing aswell and i think it has reverse too - even better for backyard bashing !
Old 05-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip ProudSavageOwner
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Thanks for the tip ProudSavageOwner

no worries man.....if uwant add me on ur msn or yahoo...

[email protected]
[email protected]