Search
Like Tree30Likes

Kyosho Lazer SB Dirt Cross

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fvfvsix
Yep - also, I think the market for "nostalgia-ish" racing is far bigger in Japan than it is in other parts of the world. If you watch Kai City RC's Youtube channel, you'll see that they have fairly large events for vintage, repro, and "modern vintage-style" racing over there. So, the cab-rearward body is a key requirement.
It seems overseas (outside US) there are more regular vintage classes where here in the states we may have once a year vintage events or maybe a little more regular than that.

I do feel the pull of a possible Turbo Optima reissue but.........no where to run it really.....although I could just go and get smoked in the standard 13.5 class if I could source enough parts to make it viable just for giggles.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

I have an original Lazer ZX5. I might upgrade to gear diffs. But parts availability is sure an issue I had with the Lazer. I hope this Re-Release fixes that
Old 04-26-2024, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by River19
It seems overseas (outside US) there are more regular vintage classes where here in the states we may have once a year vintage events or maybe a little more regular than that.

I do feel the pull of a possible Turbo Optima reissue but.........no where to run it really.....although I could just go and get smoked in the standard 13.5 class if I could source enough parts to make it viable just for giggles.
I don't think so. Here in Greece for example they rarely hold vintage classes , but in the US...OH BOY. From what I have seen , most tracks hold a vintage class at least 1-2 times a month.
River19 likes this.

Last edited by bromogatos309; 04-26-2024 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2024, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I need that body for my Yokomo YZ4 SF2. Cab forward bodies look like ugly ass.
BP and OffRoadJunkie like this.