Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 1/10th scale Stadium Trucks...  Where are they? >

TLR 22 1/10th scale Stadium Trucks... Where are they?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ThisIsRDG
  • 1 Post By token

TLR 22 1/10th scale Stadium Trucks... Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TLR 22 1/10th scale Stadium Trucks... Where are they?

Hey guys. What happened to TLR's stadium truck offerings in the 1/10th scale realm ? Just got back into the RC Hobby after 15+ years of not being able to / life.

I purchased a couple of Losi Mini-T 2.0's for my family & I to have a good time with, but really want to build up a full-factory TLR equivalent of the Team Associated RC10T6.4.

Back when I used to have a 1/10th scale and race, it was the XXX-T, and the Associated RC10T3/T4 variants.

Did Losi completely go buggy only?

Or do I have just the Team Associated RC10T6.4 FT edition as the only option?

Does no one race this class anymore?

Lemmie' know!!
Old 03-25-2024, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

1/10 Stadium trucks and short course trucks aren’t as popular as they once were. The Mini Ts are an exception as Losi has done well with those and there are many race series with them around. But even there, the Mini B are more popular than the Mini T. If you check out the TLR 5.0 thread, even the buggy is way out of date and people complain about parts availability.

Hopefully Horizon can turn it around, but if you really want to run stadium truck right now, the AE is pretty much the best option. But, I would check your local tracks to see how many entries they get. 2WD buggy tends to be the most popular followed by 4WD buggy (wheeler).

My closest local track runs 4WD SCT alongside Ebuggy lite (2S) with most entries various RTR cars like Slashes, Typhons and DB10s on an outdoor real dirt track (like the old days). The two closest tracks running real competitive stuff are astroturf. At most club races, the stadium trucks and short course often don’t have enough entries for a race, let alone a split of stock vs mod.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Of course TLR and AE are not the only companies out there...
Old 03-25-2024, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

A lot of the other players in the 10th offroad market have newer better offerings. Even so, Xray only updates there's every other year, I'm sure in the next 18 months a new AE will be released, Schumacher has one that's based on the last generation of cars that's probably the newest on the market, and PR even has a pretty new truck. TLR and Horizon as a whole are going through some major issues right now and even getting parts for there current offerings is very difficult. If you're looking for something to play with get whatever makes you happy. If you're looking for something to race, I'd check to make sure your local tracks run ST, and see what's popular there.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flipside6900
A lot of the other players in the 10th offroad market have newer better offerings. Even so, Xray only updates there's every other year, I'm sure in the next 18 months a new AE will be released, Schumacher has one that's based on the last generation of cars that's probably the newest on the market, and PR even has a pretty new truck. TLR and Horizon as a whole are going through some major issues right now and even getting parts for there current offerings is very difficult. If you're looking for something to play with get whatever makes you happy. If you're looking for something to race, I'd check to make sure your local tracks run ST, and see what's popular there.
Schumacher ST2 is based on the LD3 front end with the current rear hub design of the LD3 and L1R. There is not much wheelbase set up in the rear like the LD3, but you really do not need all that much. Chassis does look more. like the LD2, but the important bits are in there to make it competitive.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DirkW
Of course TLR and AE are not the only companies out there...
That is of course true. While Mugen, XRay, Yokomo & Schumacher make great kits, they aren’t as prevalent as AE & Losi in the US where the OP is located. It is certainly some national bias as both are US-based brands. When you start looking at Stadium trucks, which already aren’t as popular as buggies, it’s pretty much just AE in the US. Tekno is also pretty popular in the US, but in 1/8 buggy/truggy and 4WD SCT. Their 1/10 buggies aren’t as popular as AE and they don’t even offer a Stadium Truck. Schumacher is becoming more broadly available for 1/10 buggies in the US, which I’m personally excited by.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Last i knew TLR is no longer a prevalent brand anymore. You can hardly get parts for any of there cars anymore. This isn't something new.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Check your local track, but in SE PA stadium truck has grown a lot in the past year. At the last event at The Factory RC there was the same number of trucks entered as 17.5 buggies. I built a 22 5.0 truck a few months ago right before the parts disapeared. With the current parts situation, if you want a truck, just get an AE.
nielsm likes this.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Parts are scarce and if you want to make them competitive you need to do alot to them.

Personally I switched to Yokomo with a YZ2T but even that is now rare and hard to find parts for... I run AE front arms ...

Seems like TLR just dropped the racing scene except for 1/8 maybe ?
Old 04-06-2024, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yea, tracks that I never thought have X-ray and YOKOMO parts now, with hardly any TLR
Old 04-10-2024, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by warracer
Parts are scarce and if you want to make them competitive you need to do alot to them.

Personally I switched to Yokomo with a YZ2T but even that is now rare and hard to find parts for... I run AE front arms ...

Seems like TLR just dropped the racing scene except for 1/8 maybe ?
Yeah parts should be in stock in the next month.
We modded the front end using TLR parts, 4wd rear arms and a aftermarket C-block. Less work than some brands with new cars.
TLR hasnt dropped from racing, if you follow on FB you see the team is everywhere and are very successful. Last time I checked, Even added a World title to their belt.
River19 likes this.