• 3 Post By Zerodefect
  • 2 Post By billdelong

1/8 scale electric

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/8 scale electric

I'm looking to get into 1/8 scale electric buggy.
Plan on running at a track, no bashing.
Looking at Associated rc8B4E OR Tekno EB48 2.1
which one should i get.
Old 12-26-2023, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Kyosho mp10 or the new tekno both are nice. Asc was twitchy and hard to drive needed too much time on setup.
Old 12-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

From what I’ve seen at our track, the Tekno will be more durable.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

This is the part where we only suggest cars that you didn't list:

Hb E8
Xray Xb8e
Sworx
Mugen
Old 12-27-2023, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Love my Mbx8r eco...Solid car, only thing i changed was diff fluids from stock set up and its Dialed where i race.. everyone has there own personal preference of cars most run AE or techno at the track i run, but personally wasnt a fan and i run all AE for 10th scale, always have..
Old 12-27-2023, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

It comes down to driver preference...

AE uses pivot balls which tend to offer more aggressive steering, if you have very fast reaction skills then this type of car may suit you well. Pivot balls tend to create oversteer and you'll drift through corners which can generate tons of corner speed, if you have the reaction skills to handle it.

TEKNO uses a C-Hub which tends to be more stable, also worth noting that C-Hubs tend to be significantly more durable design by nature, regardless of brand. C-Hubs tend to feel more like a point and shoot with the rear end more locked in.

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
This is the part where we only suggest cars that you didn't list:

Hb E8
Xray Xb8e
Sworx
Mugen
Of the vehicles on this list, HB is the only one which offers a C-Hub which fits my personal preference. Durability has been a wash for me after I left TEKNO and switched to HB, however with TEKNO I would experience premature servo failures and premature LiPo battery damage due to their velcro strap design rubbing into the balance leads causing internal solder tab issues. Neither of these issues have popped up since I switched to HB which uses a different geometry around the steering rack and a carbon strap to secure the battery with no chance for anything to rub on the balance leads. Both cars can be tuned to drive about the same making performance a wash.

TLR is also worth mentioning which offers a C-Hub as well, I don't have experience running it but have raced with enough of them in my area to believe they are reasonably a wash in durability with TEKNO and HB. TLR uses saddle packs which helps lower the center of gravity though saddle packs require extra maintenance which is relevant to the AE which also runs saddle packs with the extra maintenance discussed here:If you are brand new and have zero experience, then I would pick whatever brand you can buddy up with a local fast guy, go with his setup sheet and let him help you dial your car in for local track conditions. If you run into any problems, then chances are they will get you sorted out on race day.

Good Luck!
Cain and jabroni racing like this.