Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Setup system

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Setup system

I am wondering if there is enough interest to produce a laser setup system. After designing and using it for the past two months I know it works and is easier to use than most systems on the market. It measures both camber and toe at the same time so adjustments dont require reading more than one scale to get it right. The laser is rechargeable and last about 20hrs of use per charge and takes about 45 min on a standard usb plug to charge. Just need to know is there enough interest on the market to invest in tooling to make this?

Old 11-20-2023, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's not clear what the product is and there's no price estimate. Is this an add-on for a setup station?
Old 11-20-2023, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

It is the laser attachment, the target, wheel spacers (for different brands) and two setup stands. The setup stands are made so they are the same height as a standard wheel and the new design does not require you to remove the wing to take a measurement on the rear. If enough people are interested that it looks like I can make a lot of 100 then I can sell it for 150 each. The mini laser, circuit board, its chip set and the mini lipo have limited sources right now. Clearly if it does not look like I can move 100 of them then I need to set a higher price to absorb the ones I will be stuck with.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

The laser on the left wheel is projecting on the target on the right wheel. Adjustments are made to the laser wheel both camber and toe. The picture is showing a 1* toe out and -2* of camber. Each dot is set as 1/2 of movement. The latest version uses additional markings to make it clearer to understand what setting you are on. I would show it but I am waiting on that patent to come back. What you see here is already has a patent so I am not afraid to let it be seen.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was interested until I saw the price. If you can, please sell me on how it’s better then a regular set up station like an arrowmax or skyrc? I’m in the market for one but this months budget has been used up. Those kinds of set up stations seem to also show toe and camber at the same time

Old 01-18-2024, 04:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I have made just a few kits. Here is a link to a video showing how it works. Feel free to message me. They cost 150 + shipping.
https://youtu.be/Cd_4ADZ0Jm0
Old 01-19-2024, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

great idea!
Old 01-19-2024, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

I am working on the 1/8th scale version. Waiting on the prototype parts for testing.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

with the emitter and targets both being moveable, how does the settings on one wheel not affect the readings you get from the laser on target for the other wheel?
Old 01-24-2024, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pilotx1
with the emitter and targets both being moveable, how does the settings on one wheel not affect the readings you get from the laser on target for the other wheel?
this is my question too.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

The compound angle does not affect the readings until you have one of the two sides greater than 2 degrees out. This happens from a bad crash or if a suspension part is replaced, At that point it becomes necessary to to check both sides a second time for proper alignment. The spacing of the dots only appear to be equal spacing, compensation for angle has been added to the spacing be it less than .001mm in some cases. I had attempted a convex target in the beginning but this added a whole new set of issues yet did not overcome the +2 degree issue. You will find that +2 degrees will yield a 1/2 degree variance. This same issue will happen on all setup systems, The current systems on the market that use a pendulum to measure camber suffer from drooping on one side if angle is off by a set amount and will cause the other side to gain or loose angle. Smaller differences between sides may not be noticeable on a pendulum because that system can not measure accurately to less than one degree. With the short swing of the pendulum style setup you can only get close to 1 degree of measurement vs this laser system measuring to the 1/2 degree. Keep in mind that visually aligning two printed marks on a pendulum is far less accurate than placing a 1mm dot on 1mm target.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

This video may shed some light on how it works. Beachrc.com now carries this product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_4ADZ0Jm0&t=5s
Old 03-28-2024, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Montros
This video may shed some light on how it works. Beachrc.com now carries this product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_4ADZ0Jm0&t=5s
Looked for it on the Beach RC website and didn't see it? Do you have a direct link to it?
Old 03-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

They have them in stock but not very quick about adding them to the web site. If you would like you can order direct from me until they get things moving on the online site.

email [email protected] Use Laseris as the subject line so I will know its not spam

Last edited by Montros; 03-28-2024 at 09:46 AM.