Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree141Likes

Mugen 2WD Buggy!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 05:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Have anyone heard an update to a release date?
Glenn_B and KeefeinVA like this.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mugen2024
Have anyone heard an update to a release date?
I was wondering the same thing. It's gotta be soon. Deciding between this and the new Schumacher.
Old 12-08-2023, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Same

I've been in the same vote , was trying to hold out but LD3 looks really good.
Old 12-08-2023, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Same as you both. I have a Storm ST, so the LD3 makes sense, but the Mugen looks really tough and I run primarily old school outdoor. Plus I would really like to try a Mugen product.
Old 12-09-2023, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Any update on availability
Old 12-12-2023, 09:35 PM
mes
Tech Elite

https://ameblo.jp/rcmaniax-arena/entry-12831881167.html
Old 12-14-2023, 08:15 AM
mes
Tech Elite

https://www.rmv-deutschland.de/blog/...iebt-sich.html

2WD scheduled around March, 4WD a month later.
Speed 8 likes this.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
https://www.rmv-deutschland.de/blog/...iebt-sich.html

2WD scheduled around March, 4WD a month later.
Any spy shots of the 4wd? *drools*
Old 12-15-2023, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Lord Know what the price will be, thats going to be the kicker
Old 12-15-2023, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
Lord Know what the price will be, thats going to be the kicker
If I remember Drake's interview during the Worlds coverage, he said it would be priced competitively in the 2wd sphere, so I doubt itll be up around where the HB was originally.
Old 12-16-2023, 11:50 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aspiringracer
Any spy shots of the 4wd? *drools*
I might be wrong but would expect a fairly standard shaft drive car with some tweaks like the 2WD rear shock mounts. There's worse than a platform that is proven since the Yokomo B-Max 4 III with Mugen quality and parts support. 😉
As I'm not into 4 wheel, I would have been more interested in a stadium truck, but as there has been no mentioning of it lately, I'll rather hold my breath for a new TLR...
Old 12-17-2023, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Shame it's not more unique, they could have had a go at pillow ball front suspension or something different. The front geometry is the most interesting thing, with the high level of offset like the modded TLR front end. That might make it a bit of a handful, curious why they went that way and even if it is deliberate at all or just an accident/ consequence of that hub design. Maybe the 4wd will have more imagination, hope so. I think Shin did the last belt yokomo, that was quite interesting. They will need some drivers, I guess they will get the Kilics in Europe , they might do some damage in 4wd at least. Tessmans? He can do nitro and electric and they need some electric drivers. The talent hasn't gone away, nothing like getting the boot to fire you up...
Old 12-17-2023, 12:16 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AntH3000
Shame it's not more unique, they could have had a go at pillow ball front suspension or something different. The front geometry is the most interesting thing, with the high level of offset like the modded TLR front end. That might make it a bit of a handful, curious why they went that way and even if it is deliberate at all or just an accident/ consequence of that hub design. Maybe the 4wd will have more imagination, hope so. I think Shin did the last belt yokomo, that was quite interesting. They will need some drivers, I guess they will get the Kilics in Europe , they might do some damage in 4wd at least. Tessmans? He can do nitro and electric and they need some electric drivers. The talent hasn't gone away, nothing like getting the boot to fire you up...
I used to have the belt YZ-4, and unfortunately it was not very good, except for my dealer who earned a lot on spares and option parts. The Kilics and damage in one sentence is an interesting concept. I heard of some incidents and apparently they are not welcome to on-road events anymore... Let's put it this way: brand ambassadors may keep as many people away as they attract, no matter if rumors are true or not.
WIth Shin running a 22X-4 with Mugen shocks at the Worlds and the scheduled release just one month after the MBS1, I highly doubt the 4WD will be a major departure from the usual, as much as I would love to see another belt car; iirc Adam Drake already confirmed that it would be shaft drive at the Worlds.
As for drivers, I'd not be surprised to see some of the former Yokomo US drivers run the Mugen 1/10th scale program, maybe through the Muchmore connection.
AntH3000 likes this.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
I used to have the belt YZ-4, and unfortunately it was not very good, except for my dealer who earned a lot on spares and option parts. The Kilics and damage in one sentence is an interesting concept. I heard of some incidents and apparently they are not welcome to on-road events anymore... Let's put it this way: brand ambassadors may keep as many people away as they attract, no matter if rumors are true or not.
WIth Shin running a 22X-4 with Mugen shocks at the Worlds and the scheduled release just one month after the MBS1, I highly doubt the 4WD will be a major departure from the usual, as much as I would love to see another belt car; iirc Adam Drake already confirmed that it would be shaft drive at the Worlds.
As for drivers, I'd not be surprised to see some of the former Yokomo US drivers run the Mugen 1/10th scale program, maybe through the Muchmore connection.
Well, the Bruno incident was, er, 'interesting'... Hopefully the 4wd will have some interesting features on it otherwise you have to wonder why bother doing it.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:08 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AntH3000
...otherwise you have to wonder why bother doing it.
The car being a Mugen helps for many people for sure. 😉
As we can see with the B74.2, going back to the middle of the road can do wonders sometimes, like it or not. 🤷🏻‍♂️
There will be some little tweaks for sure, but probably nothing radical. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

AntH3000 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.