Search
Like Tree181Likes

Losi 1/4 Promoto-MX Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mosquito

It may be the traxxas trolls have popped out of their TX prairie dog holes. .

If Losi was going to team up with an aftermarket company prior to the release, it definitely wouldn't be GPM.
Really, name calling? How about you and others accept that there are people out there that have an opposing opinion to yours and we have a right to express said opinions. No need to resort to calling people names. Mods please look into this, thank you. For the record I don't own any Traxxas products, but I do own a couple of Losi's and Axial's.

Um in cased you missed it, Rick Vessel stated above that Losi did indeed team up with GPM.

I agree this thread should move towards peoples actual experience with the bike, but if you read through this thread that wasn't happening that's why I was ASKING questions which no one answered which lead me to speculation (RIck Vessel only decided to jump in once things started to heat up and if you read through you will see he only pops in when things heat up, maybe/hopefully that changes going forward, I'm sure his knowledge would be very much apperciated) and yes I know how I sound and I know how people perceive me, but I could care less what a bunch of people who have never met or have had an actual conversation think of me.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 07-17-2023 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2023, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you can't spot the troll in the last ten posts -- you are the troll.

lagcisco, nitrous36, banx and 2 others like this.
Old 07-17-2023, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RazorRC
So more name calling. Got it. How about moving the conversation forward in a positive way? Personally I thought that throwing some out of the box ideas on how to possibly make this bike better would have spurred some conversation. If you notice my posts aren't just stating that the bike sucks and don't buy it, that is what a troll would do, I am trying to add to the conversation and come up with solutions. Some people can tell by watching what deficiencies something may or may not have, some people don't need hands on experience to figure out how some things work, sometimes video and a little research is all some need to figure something out.
Old 07-17-2023, 02:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by RazorRC

Old 07-17-2023, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrous36
So even the moderators name call and bully people. No wonder why people have walked away from RC.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36
​​​​

If it does, I hope it can remain fun spirited and not become what VTA and USGT turned into. Those guys were debating screws for christ sakes.
Dude, I almost cited that exact thread in my reply, lol.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MULMZ2
So even the moderators name call and bully people. No wonder why people have walked away from RC.
I just laughed at a joke. But thats not to say that some moderators here are passive aggressive bullies on a power trip. That part I agree with.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

exocaged changed out the receiver/gyro and adjusted gyro settings and it didnt handle well. Really helps you see how good the factory settings are. He went back to factory receiver/gyro. He has some good videos on it and you can hear in his voice how much fun he has with it. With rc (it is a hobby for 99.9% of us after all) it's the fun factor and giddy grin it puts on your face that matters most.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.

Last edited by mosquito; 07-17-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

People walk away from RC because of people like you. The bike is awesome. You’re miserable. Get on board or complain about something you have nothing invested in somewhere else.
lagcisco and savage24x like this.
Old 07-18-2023, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Really, name calling? How about you and others accept that there are people out there that have an opposing opinion to yours and we have a right to express said opinions. No need to resort to calling people names. Mods please look into this, thank you. For the record I don't own any Traxxas products, but I do own a couple of Losi's and Axial's.

Um in cased you missed it, Rick Vessel stated above that Losi did indeed team up with GPM.

I agree this thread should move towards peoples actual experience with the bike, but if you read through this thread that wasn't happening that's why I was ASKING questions which no one answered which lead me to speculation (RIck Vessel only decided to jump in once things started to heat up and if you read through you will see he only pops in when things heat up, maybe/hopefully that changes going forward, I'm sure his knowledge would be very much apperciated) and yes I know how I sound and I know how people perceive me, but I could care less what a bunch of people who have never met or have had an actual conversation think of me.
The comment about aftermarket option parts was more sarcasm really. I don't know personally if the company contacted GPM about parts.

You are correct, I do pop in when things seem to be more negative. I wanted to offer what little levity I can to lighten the mood. Going forward I will try to drop more set up and tuning information. I tend to scroll through the forums in the morning after I check emails.

FYI, it's Vessell, two Ls please and thank you.

Old 07-18-2023, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Seriously, y’all just need to meet in the back alley and settle it the old fashioned way, the tried and true wang measuring contest
Now please try to play nice or y’all will go to bed without dessert!
Rick Vessell, nitrous36 and MaX-D like this.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This thing is gonna be fantastic with sm tires. I'm getting one when they sort out the supply issues.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Interesting. I wonder if this is why the bike has a stationery rider? If the gyro acts weird on berms it would probably freak out with an active rider. Can the gyro on this bike be disabled or is it built into the ESC/Receiver? If the gyro can't be disabled, has anyone tried aftermarket electronics to see how the bike drives without the gyro, anyone with a bike willing to give this a shot? If memory serves correct the Kyosho bike uses a weight in the wheels to simulate a gyro, so maybe an aftermarket company comes along with a wheel weight so the gyro can be ditched. Again this is where BTS video would be awesome. It would eliminate all the guessing and speculation.
An off-road bike doesn't act like an on-road rc bike like the kyosho. When driving on-road, you are never really slow so the bike is more than stable enough to stay upright. The issue with off-road is that at some times, you are practically stationary which is where the gyro comes into effect. If you run this bike in supermotarad form on a tarmac trac then yes, you possibly could turn off the gyro but definietly not while running off-road on dirt/clay or grass.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

I'm quite interested in seeing how and if a market develops for this kind of bike. For some reason I was reminded of a guy who was racing a Losi 1/10 Baja Rey with SCT trucks. He modified and tuned the truck, but it was still running the solid rear axle and trailing arms. His efforts and driving skill had his truck running at the front for many races, which I would have thought not to be remotely possible. It highlighted his commitment to the tech and driving skill, and I think this bike falls into that same category where it will both surprise and shine for drivers who are willing to learn it's quirks. I like what Losi did with this product.
nitrous36 and mx836 like this.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

lots of people receiving their motos now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.