Search
Like Tree50Likes

PR Racing S1v4 (FM) PRO Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default PR Racing S1v4 (FM) PRO Kit

Coming new from PR racing is their new offering which for me at least is nice to see the quick release gearbox finally catching up with the rest, taken from their press release...

#75400056 PR S1 V4(FM) 1/10 Electric 2WD Off Road Buggy PRO Kit (Gear Diff Version)PR V4R FM retains the main elements of the V3R. With the V4R, we have added more chassis flex options and quick adjustment design concepts.Battery Mounting: A change was made to the mounting arm system, which increase chassis flex and also keeps the battery retainment method of the V3R. So using the V3R battery retainer plates, chassis flex can be decreased if needed.Battery Placement: The front to rear weight can be quickly changed by moving the battery pack forward or back with ease.Quick adjustments: The new quick access gearbox allows for faster adjustments of gear diff and easy maintenance of ball diffs. Chassis Design: The 3mm thick chassis has more CNC machining done to create a lighter part along with moving the the car’s center of gravity to a more optimized position. The PR V4R FM inherits the stability of the previous generation and builds on it. For those with a spare parts bank already, you will be happy to know that instead of a completely new model, we have only redesigned the parts that needed to be. This makes it very easy to upgrade your previous model with the latest parts.It was necessary to find a better design direction. Although it took a lot of time, we have achieved it.

rippen, pache and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 09-08-2022, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I might have just found my new brand.
Smokeyr67, rippen and chrisimp like this.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
I might have just found my new brand.

Only reason I left PR is because the 1/10 program died off in my area, I have since moved over to HB Racing for 1/8 cars, and if 1/10 ever comes back to my area, then I will go with the new HB 1/10 cars that will soon be released.

Some of my notes on the PR's that I raced many years ago:I plan to race my 401R until the new wheeler from HB is released later this year... looking forward to racing at SDRC on Wed Oct 5 in a few weeks
Old 09-09-2022, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

I like my SB401R. Not ready to change my 2wheel buggy
Old 09-10-2022, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new rear gearbox has been made available before the release of the new car which will fit the older v3 generation cars so I've just finished building one up, went together very nicely, look forward to fitting and running it soon.

Old 09-12-2022, 01:41 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm blown away by this spec. I might as well give it a trial
chrisimp likes this.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
Only reason I left PR is because the 1/10 program died off in my area, I have since moved over to HB Racing for 1/8 cars, and if 1/10 ever comes back to my area, then I will go with the new HB 1/10 cars that will soon be released.

Some of my notes on the PR's that I raced many years ago:I plan to race my 401R until the new wheeler from HB is released later this year... looking forward to racing at SDRC on Wed Oct 5 in a few weeks

I saw the HB line and they are impressive. However, $1250 for a 2wd kit is a sphincter tightener, or is that not USD?

Old 09-19-2022, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When is this going to be available
Old 11-01-2022, 05:28 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have built and been testing this car at the local track.

Here are some videos with my thoughts and experiences with the V4!

Unboxing vid:

First impressions:

Track Testing:
Old 11-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone have a update on this kit, or first hand experience on carpet?
Old 11-17-2022, 03:49 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger H
Anyone have a update on this kit, or first hand experience on carpet?
I run on medium grip astroturf and have found that the car out of the box has a rear end that is rather lively. Although I don't have chance to run it on carpet, my thoughts are that the stock setup would probably be more suited for high grip carpet.

For my conditions, going to a lighter and softer rear shock package and lowering the rear roll center have made the car more planted when it was too responsive before.
Roger H likes this.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where is everyone buying the kits and parts from? I used to race a early Hobby Pro years back so I'd be interested in one of these.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Where the heck can you purchase in the states? What is price?
Old 12-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looks like you can get this and other PR stuff here:

https://shop.thercproshop.com/
Old 12-19-2022, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

There used to be a handful of distributors which was nice to get parts from multiple sources but TheRCProShop (TRCPS) cut out everyone else and became the exclusive distributor for the US market. That being said, when I used to run for PR, I never had any issue getting parts I needed from TRCPS... what I really like is their flat rate shipping to keep costs down, even when I made bulk orders for parts/bodies/wings, etc... the tires for PR are also very good quality and perform well too, even their 1/8 tires are competitive... oddly they don't make 1/8 cars, just tires/wheels/inserts... and their inserts are high end quality comparable with all the name brands too
Billy Kelly likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.