R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Losi 8ight Pics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/109226-losi-8ight-pics.html)

EricF 05-25-2006 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Davidka
..."The thinking man's Ducati" ;)

Thinking man, POOR man. What's the difference?

speedy2 05-26-2006 12:44 AM

price was stated to be 599.00

WildChild 05-26-2006 02:46 AM

rocket42...

i have a few friends that have 600RR's...they are quick...they hang with my 1000RR pretty close till 3rd...then it feels like my arms are gonna get ripped off from the acceleration...

anyone in the hampton roads area and wanna ride just let me know...

Danger Dietrich 05-26-2006 06:20 AM

First off, Ricky and James and probably Chad could spank the entire SX and MX field on the 96 Honda McGrath Rode. In the era of non works bikes, championships are bought and paid for with the rider not the equipment. If you believe Suzuki and Kawi have anything to do with the raw speed Ricky and James have you need to put down your pipe. For the record a flat tire cost McGrath his SX title on the Suzuki it was not the bike. I owned and raced my last Honda for 3 years and sold it in way better condition than the Suzuki's I raced before one year at a time. Honda till I die baby!!!!
Hey wait isn't this an RC forum?
Oh yes the 8ight, I use to feel sorry for mugen, hyper and Jammin owners. I drove a lot of cars and my SP-1 made faster lap times for me much easier than the others. I believe the 8ight will be better than my K-car and will not wear out as quickly. I'll be happy to have one toolbox that I can take to the electric or nitro track. A new car is comin!!!

philc 05-26-2006 07:02 AM

I want my 8ight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Davidka 05-26-2006 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by EricF
Thinking man, POOR man. What's the difference?

The poor man has no money?

AZRCaddict 05-28-2006 10:29 AM

PG 34 & 35 RCCA July 2006 Issue

Has an article on the 8ight

TonysScrews 05-29-2006 03:37 AM

I just read on the Grid that Drake won Round 1 of the RC Pro Series West region. Had two laps on the field. Sure, most of the regular West coast factory Pros don't run the series, but there were still plenty of fast guys there. Congratulations to Adam and Losi!

Aaron Waldron 05-29-2006 11:06 AM

Adam was SILLY fast this past weekend. His Trinity-powered 8IGHT could clear the big quad from basically the inside of the corner, while anyone else that tried it needed to go to the outside of the corner and get an extra 15 ft. of run. Adam TQ'd all four rounds of qualifying and then destroyed everyone in the main!

losiphil - I know what you mean!

pie8man - I think we'll see a lot of people jumping ship and buying Losi cars when they are released and start winning at the club level.

gasrc 05-30-2006 10:31 AM

I see that Trinity has the engine on their website. The sucker ain't cheap.

Aaron Waldron 05-30-2006 11:29 AM

Those prices should be much, MUCH lower by the time the engines hit the hobby store. Don't worry about it just yet!

The engines run VERY well, both the gas truck engine and the buggy engine. Trinity is waiting for the first shipment to get here (should be any day now) and then they'll be on their way out to everyone.

FlyByWire 05-30-2006 12:49 PM

Have you got any insider info/undates on the release date Aaron?

Aaron Waldron 05-30-2006 02:00 PM

I know they're punching it to try and meet the July 31st release date...but that's all I've heard.

Rocket42 05-30-2006 02:01 PM

aaron your just straight up lying i was at vegas last weekend i even turn marshalled the main in the corner before the quad. i never once all weekend saw adam clear the quad from the inside, (not to say he wasn't fast or anything) i did see him hang a tire on the outside pipe heading into the quad. he was unbelivebly fast and made almost no mistakes. i saw him cartwheel once and i saw him on his lid once during a 45 min. main on a blown out track. running crazy fast lap times.

Aaron Waldron 05-30-2006 02:04 PM

He did it several times from a couple feet from the inside pipe on Friday, and I think he did it without going wide on Saturday as well. He didn't exactly pull right around the corner of the pipe and come to a dead stop but I watched him jump it many times from the inside half of the lane. Same for tripling through the double-double-double.

On Sunday the face of the jump wasn't as good as it was earlier in the weekend. Several times when he went wide, he over-jumped the 4th jump by a pretty good margin.

I don't want to argue about it, whatever each of us saw is fine and there's no reason to disagree over such a small point.