No Brakes

Old 08-31-2021, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default No Brakes

Hey guys, so I just was able to finally finish my first kit, a Team Associated RC10SC6.2, however after my first shakedown run I found that I had little to no brakes. If I hold the car in the air and give it throttle then apply brakes you can notice the brakes, but when its on the ground it hardly slows down. I'm running a Futaba 3PV with all the stock settings, a Reedy 1000z+pro, and the Reedy s-plus 13.5 motor. I've tried reprogramming the esc with the Programmer2 and turned all the brake settings to max, but there's been no change. If anyone could help that'd be greatly appreciated, Thank you
Old 08-31-2021, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

do you have program box? Id start by recalibrating esc and see if that helps if not.use card see where brake level is set and increase it .herd that esc has no lvc setting.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Are you testing it at low speeds or speeds similar to what you'd run at the track? If you're just testing it at low speeds I'd say hit the track and see how it behaves. I have a muchmore fleta pro v2 esc with a 13.5 motor and low speed braking is weak as well. At normal driving speeds on the track it's just fine.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Make sure all of your radio throttle settings are set to 100%/zero/neutral. So, travel at 100% both throttle and brake, trim at zero. D/R at 100% throttle and brake, etc. Then VERY CAREFULLY recalibrate the ESC to your radio. Make sure you set the Neutral, Full Throttle and Full Brake correctly. Then make sure all of your brake settings on the ESC are correct. If none of that solves the problem, then you may have a bad ESC from the factory. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2021, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just my kind of car.. LoL well almost.

I do limit my brakes to 60%

However if I have to recalibrate for some reason I switch model modes to a new one reset the radio to the type of receiver I have, reverse required servos and set up the esc like it was new.

or for those that don’t have a 3pv or a radio with multiple model memory,.. if there is a factory reset.. do that and recalibrate the esc.