Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bollucks

Tekno EB410.2 vs ET410.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tekno EB410.2 vs ET410.2

Hey everyone. I am going to be in the market for a new car for the track. I pretty much only drive on clay and my local track is SDRC in San Diego if that makes any difference. I already have associated b6.2d so I am looking to get a 4wd car for the track.

I have asked around at the track regarding these two cars and pretty much the answer I always get is, if your going to race get the EB if you want fun get the ET. But they never really elaborate more past that. I have driven the EB and enjoyed it but I’m wondering what people’s opinions are about the two cars who have them. I don’t know if I intend to race in the future I am still pretty new to the whole track scene, but I always have my b6.2 if i need a class with a lot of people. I also really thing the ET looks cool.

Thank you for any insight
Old 04-20-2021, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

The ET (1/10 mini truggy) is a fun vehicle to drive (on track or bashing). The trucks are very stable and you can completely over power them and they are still "driveable". The ET410.2 could be driven in a variety of places/surfaces including at the track.

the EB410.s is a "track vehicle". these are performance based cars built for a track, not bashing. the buggies are nimble, quick and get around a track very well. If you were to "bash" a 1/10 4wd buggy it would not perform well.

If your intent is to use either at the track if you want "mad power" go with the ET, if you want performance go with the ET. It looks like at SDRD they race the 1/10th truggies sometimes and always in one class (mixinag new and old racers mild modified and overpowered modified in one race, the 1/10 4wd buggies appear to have sportsman and expert 13.5 as well as a open modified class so you would have a 13.5 "entry" class to race in.

I think you will find either very enjoyable, the buggy will be "more similar" to your 2wd, but with more power and stability, the truggy will open up a whole new driving experience
Old 04-20-2021, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for well written response. Probably won’t bash the car at all, already have some other cars for that, but fun is mostly my most important thing. I would love to think I am going to get into racing, which who knows I might, but most of the time I only have enough time to to go and drive the track for 3hours or so maximum fun is a plus.

I do really enjoy my 2wd buggy but the tire game gets a bit annoying at times especially when the track gets dusty. So I was thinking those big honking tires would grip super well.
aspiringracer likes this.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the .1 truggy and the .2 buggy. Those are 2 of my favorite vehicles. 2 different experiences. Overall as a racer, I just love my EB. That is my go-to race vehicle. It is set-up as a 13.5 car. The ET I have a lot of fun and it has the Pro 4 motor. Great power. I run it indoor and also use it at a small outdoor track. Just throw pins on it and it's good to go. My EB I only run indoors. You can't go wrong but also it's more of what you want to do with the vehicle that maybe will determine which is best for you.