Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By billdelong
  • 1 Post By billdelong

Aluminum Chassis for ExceedRC Legion 10

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Aluminum Chassis for ExceedRC Legion 10

About a month ago I made a post on this forum looking for help with acceleration gaps on my ExceedRc Legion 10. It was super helpful and I have fixed that problem, the car is way faster now and its super fun to drive. I have now run into a separate problem. I broke my stock chassis a while ago and put the car away because of it for almost a year, this winter I took it out again and replaced the chassis with another plastic one, only to have it break after less than 5 hours of hard driving. The chassis isn't super expensive, but its coming from China so the shipping costs a lot and it takes a while to arrive, I would prefer to not have to buy a new chassis every month. I went looking for an aluminum chassis and I did not find anything specific to my car, but I did find a chassis on Amazon that looked like it would fit all of my cars existing parts. I am not allowed to post links yet, and it wont let me post a screenshot either so this is the tile of the chassis I found on amazon:

ShareGoo CNC Aluminum Chassis Replacement Upgrade Parts 04001 for HSP 94111 94107 94170 94118 97123, 1/10 RC Redcat Volcano Exceed Infinitive Truck Monster (Blue)

Does anybody know for sure if this chassis will fit my cars existing parts? If not does anybody know of a place I can order an aluminum chassis that was made for my car? I know aluminum is not recommended for high impact parts, and I assume that this does not include the chassis, but I could be wrong. Is getting an aluminum chassis a bad idea? Is there any other solution to my chassis breaking problem? I can provide pictures of my current parts or chassis if that would be helpful.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

If you go to NitroRCX you will see that the part numbers and photos are different for the chassis between the Exceed Infinitive vs Legion:

https://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-04001.html

https://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-20701.html

When you can, post a picture of where the chassis has broken and I'll try to see what might be possible to correct it. I don't think they designed the car to handle an absurd amount of power so you might be better off with a higher quality car.
Cooper131 likes this.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the response, the forum wont let me post pictures or links, but if you type this URL into your browser it will send you to an imgur page with the picture, sorry for the hassle. imgur.com/a/2UL6z0D. That picture is of the second break, the first break happened about an inch behind the front suspension arms, it went almost the full width of the car and went through one of the holes that are used to mount the steering system. As far as a higher quality car goes, yeah probably, but I'm not putting that much power through it so I'm not quite ready to give up on this car. One thing I had considered, and this might be worth its own thread, would be to buy just the mechanical parts of a new car and swap my current electronics over. I don't know if this is a thing, and I haven't found any cars with no electronics in the searches I have done so it might not be possible.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Okay I see what the issue is now, it's a poor bumper design which can be easily fixed:

I would contact T Bone Racing and send them a broken chassis so they can take measurements and create a custom bumper for you, you want the force to be applied to the bumper and not the chassis, they offer lifetime warranty on their bumpers too!

I don't think the Exceed Infinitive is compatible, but this is just to give you an idea of what the fix is going forward:
https://tboneracing.net/products/191...eed-infinitive

Cooper131 likes this.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the help, now that you have said it poor bumper design seems like a likely cause for my troubles.