Search
Like Tree44Likes

Schumacher stadium truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
Just because, ST2 with buggy shocks and towers
Interesting. How does it perform? Also, how do the alloy front hub carriers (U8576) and the alloy 5 degree yokes (U8574) compare to the kit equivalents?

How did the KF2/LD3 hybrid experiment in your earlier post (Team Associated B7 and B7D) turn out?

For the hybrid experiment, why did you select the KF2 motor mount instead of the KC motor mount?
Old 01-12-2024, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Just because, ST2 with buggy shocks and towers
Very cool, I noticed I am at 18-20 mm height with stock shocks running on high grip clay. I know a few that run the AE cars with buggy shocks. I might have to try it.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Typpo
Interesting. How does it perform? Also, how do the alloy front hub carriers (U8576) and the alloy 5 degree yokes (U8574) compare to the kit equivalents?

How did the KF2/LD3 hybrid experiment in your earlier post (Team Associated B7 and B7D) turn out?

For the hybrid experiment, why did you select the KF2 motor mount instead of the KC motor mount?
I don't have a local track so I haven't had a chance to run either the ST2 or the KF2/LD3 buggy. I just had the alloy pieces sitting around so I installed them. The buggy just needs electronics installed and it will be ready to run. Heading to a track next weekend so may giver her a go then. I used the KF2 parts because I didn't know about the KC til after I got the KF2 lol I'm actually only using a few pieces from the KF2, motor mount assembly, belt and a modified belt cover. Would've made more sense to start with a KC but I like how it turned out.
HOTROD716 and staiguy like this.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

I don't have a local track so I haven't had a chance to run either the ST2 or the KF2/LD3 buggy. I just had the alloy pieces sitting around so I installed them. The buggy just needs electronics installed and it will be ready to run. Heading to a track next weekend so may giver her a go then. I used the KF2 parts because I didn't know about the KC til after I got the KF2 lol I'm actually only using a few pieces from the KF2, motor mount assembly, belt and a modified belt cover. Would've made more sense to start with a KC but I like how it turned out.
When you come back from the track, please update on the ST2. I am curious.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for sharing the additional information.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by HOTROD716
When you come back from the track, please update on the ST2. I am curious.
Welp, on wet clay the buggy shocks arent ideal lol Kinda figured they would be better suited to high bite clay and carpet but wanted to try them anyway. For this particular track the extra travel of the stock shocks were needed, plus going way down on spring rate to generate some more traction. Still need to fiddle with the shock package but finally started feeling comfortable with the ST2 during A3, a little late but better late than never.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Welp, on wet clay the buggy shocks arent ideal lol Kinda figured they would be better suited to high bite clay and carpet but wanted to try them anyway. For this particular track the extra travel of the stock shocks were needed, plus going way down on spring rate to generate some more traction. Still need to fiddle with the shock package but finally started feeling comfortable with the ST2 during A3, a little late but better late than never.
I am on High grip clay. I have the ride height around 20mm. I am between 3 hole or using 2 hole for my track. I now have smaller jumps, so I am thinking the less pack of the 2 hole will be beneficial. I have tons of steering currently, I am sort of copying some LD3 setups, to see if they are applicable. I really enjoy dirving the ST2 compared to the T6.2.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Since I have time, parts and can't leave well enough alone I went back to buggy towers/shocks on my ST2 (trying a different oil/spring combo), installed B7 front hubs and since I didn't like all the flex in the stock chassis, installed a KC chassis I had lying around. It's slightly thicker, the same length and I only had to drill and countersink 4 holes. Much less flex now. We'll see what all this adds up to in a couple of weeks.

HOTROD716 and aspiringracer like this.

Last edited by ChocoTaco73; 02-21-2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Since I have time, parts and can't leave well enough alone I went back to buggy towers/shocks on my ST2 (trying a different oil/spring combo), installed B7 front hubs and since I didn't like all the flex in the stock chassis, installed a KF2 chassis I had lying around. It's slightly thicker, the same length and I only had to drill and countersink 4 holes. Much less flex now. We'll see what all this adds up to in a couple of weeks.
Thank you for posting your experiment. The chassis pictured appears to be a KC/KD chassis (U7034) and not a KF2 chassis (U4659). The KF2 chassis has a different hole pattern (and two more holes) to mount its rear diff housing and rear suspension strap. The KF2 chassis also has a different shape.

For comparison, pictures of both chassis can be found on the Schumacher website at the following links:

U4659 Alloy Chassis - KF2
https://www.racing-cars.com/1-10th-2...ssis-kf2-u4659

U7034 Alloy Chassis - Cougar KD, KC
https://www.racing-cars.com/1-10th-2...ar-kd-kc-u7034
Old 02-21-2024, 08:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ah, right, I have both and got them mixed up. The KF2 chassis is way different.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default St2 body chooses

Originally Posted by coachmitchel
Yes, the JC concept bodies for both will fit.
What body work best?
Old 04-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default ?

Found

Last edited by Raul Garcia; 04-22-2024 at 01:22 AM.