Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Tlr 22x-4 vs Associated B74

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GENESISSD
After some research and everyone’s feeback. Decided to pick up a TLR. Time to start a fresh build 🤩

another question would be, is it weird to run Reedy electronics in a TLR? Kind of different than the norm. Similar to wearing Nike with Adidas type of thing
I would probably put it right up there with running AE springs on your shocks.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I would probably put it right up there with running AE springs on your shocks.
funny thing is I changed the springs to AE Blue and Yellow when building haha
Old 01-10-2021, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Can you update this thread? I am also looking for some input. How do you like the TLR? And most important, what did you decide for electronics?
Old 01-10-2021, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ollie 45
Can you update this thread? I am also looking for some input. How do you like the TLR? And most important, what did you decide for electronics?
We now that the b74.1 and b74.1d to chose from so the stakes have upped. The losi is very interesting but the b74.1 is an easier to drive buggy from what I hear. In the search for a new buggy myself.
ollie 45 likes this.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:02 AM
Tech Initiate

My 2 cents in here. I’ve had the B74 since it came out. My first 4wd so my bar was low, but I noticed right away the rear didn’t comply with following the front. Could not get the front to load in tight a technical sections. Constantly felt like I’m waiting on the car. I have driven a fellow club racers 22x-4 and that thing just worked on close to kit setup. ALOT of steering for my liking, or might have been accustomed to my b74 characteristics. I put on Rivkins Master of Dirt setup and it does drive better, sans b74.1 parts. Still doesn’t land so great.

I just finished updating to .1 specs, so I’m eager to put some laps down and find out how the updates work for me.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rendizzle
My 2 cents in here. I’ve had the B74 since it came out. My first 4wd so my bar was low, but I noticed right away the rear didn’t comply with following the front. Could not get the front to load in tight a technical sections. Constantly felt like I’m waiting on the car. I have driven a fellow club racers 22x-4 and that thing just worked on close to kit setup. ALOT of steering for my liking, or might have been accustomed to my b74 characteristics. I put on Rivkins Master of Dirt setup and it does drive better, sans b74.1 parts. Still doesn’t land so great.

I just finished updating to .1 specs, so I’m eager to put some laps down and find out how the updates work for me.
The LRC C & D blocks really help with what you describe, first mod I did to my B74 on first week of release was to machine down the C & D blocks by 0.7mm, same as the new bocks for the B74.1. Difference is night and day.
stueys likes this.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well, instead of starting my own thread,I figured I would ask for the slightly newer cars. I am thinking of getting a 4wd. To be run on indoor clay with pretty good traction and a 13.5. Trying to decide between the 22x-4, B74.1d, or the XB4’21. Just going off of brand I want the Xray, but I have read some good things about the b74.1. But back in the day ae cars developed slop extremely quickly and were in constant need of refresh. On the other hand they are much cheaper than the xray and parts are available locally. I do have a 22 5.0 that I may start back with, but I don’t know much about it. Bought it from my dad. Mainly I am an onroad racer, I haven’t really raced off-road since the b44 first came out.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
Well, instead of starting my own thread,I figured I would ask for the slightly newer cars. I am thinking of getting a 4wd. To be run on indoor clay with pretty good traction and a 13.5. Trying to decide between the 22x-4, B74.1d, or the XB4’21. Just going off of brand I want the Xray, but I have read some good things about the b74.1. But back in the day ae cars developed slop extremely quickly and were in constant need of refresh. On the other hand they are much cheaper than the xray and parts are available locally. I do have a 22 5.0 that I may start back with, but I don’t know much about it. Bought it from my dad. Mainly I am an onroad racer, I haven’t really raced off-road since the b44 first came out.
Honestly, they're all crazy good.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
All three are great options honestly. I have all AE cars including the B74 and B74.1. The current wheelers are all very similar and have a huge adjustment range to tweak to your style.

I will say AE cars don't get sloppy like they used too, and the b74 less than my 2w's. I rarely replace parts just to reduce slop. But yeah any of the new cars will be great. Personally I like the B6.2 and T6.2 over anything else but the wheelers are a toss up.