Esc or motor problem >

Esc or motor problem

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QydrexRC

Esc or motor problem

Old 03-18-2020, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Esc or motor problem

I have an Arrma Senton 4x4 that I upgraded to brushless with a GoolRC combo (and 27t pinion 91t spur). It would randomly stop when running full speed on 3s after running for about 20 sec and after 30 sec it would run again. I figured it was overheating but I touched the motor and esc and they were barely warm. Anyway my friend got the front left of the truck run over and now the esc (which wasn't touched in the accident) will turn on but it won't sent power to the motor for more than an instant, so I bought a BLX100 esc (same goolrc motor). It has the same problem, so I guess it has to be the motor, but it works fine so I don't know what it is. Does anyone have an idea?
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

fresh charge on the battery?

try disabling/checking the LVC settings, I wonder if the ESC is set for 4S and hitting LVC because you're running 3S?
Old 03-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

You were right, it was the LVC, the BLX100 is a 3s esc, but it has IC5 battery connectors and my battery had deans. I changed the plug on my battery and tried out the truck from storage mode before making an adaptor to be able to charge it, so when I went full speed it cut off. Now it works fine and with the new esc it has so much power (and no downforce) it literally lifts off the ground.
Thanks for your help, I guess I just had a brain fart
billdelong likes this.