Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Redcat Racing Thread >

Redcat Racing Thread

Like Tree14Likes

Redcat Racing Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Post Redcat Racing Thread

Hey all, welcome to the Redcat Racing thread where you can share pictures, videos, and start discussions about Redcat Racing vehicles. Also be sure to post your questions here, and answer other people's questions too, Thanks.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Looks like REDCAT is currently based out of Arizona

I have heard that REDCAT is not an OEM and they are a distributor in similar fashion to what OFNA used to be, ironically picking up HongNor designs which used to be distributed from OFNA many years ago. I am curious to learn more about each of the products and who their respective OEM's are?

https://www.redcatracing.com/pages/about-us
Originally Posted by REDCAT
Established in 2005, Redcat Racing has become the premier name for Fast- Affordable - Fun ready to run, gas, nitro and electric powered remote controlled surface vehicles. All Redcat Racing vehicles come fully assembled and ready to run right out of the box making it simple for anyone to get started in the R/C hobby. Redcat Racing has a complete line of parts and accessories as well as a wide selection of vehicle sizes ranging from 1/24 scale to 1/5 scale, ensuring that there is a Fast-Affordable-Fun vehicle for everyone.
https://www.redcatracing.com/pages/warranty-information
Originally Posted by REDCAT

Items Not Covered

• Drive train and suspension parts
  • Gears including spur, clutch-bell and others
  • Clutch & Clutch Spring
  • Pull Start

Old 01-29-2020, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My favorite is the 1/5th rampage and the new Gen 8 axe edition, seen the Gen 8 up against 1,000 dollar machines and rip it up on crawling
Old 01-29-2020, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Post New Vehicles

I've had a bunch of their vehicles, some of my favorites are the TR-MT10E, Landslide XTE, and the rampage line. Its also nice to see that they are going to make their own models with the release of the Gen 8 and the Gen 8 AXE, I hope this keeps up and they become a fully independent company someday.

[Edit] Redcat also has a really good customer support team, if you have issues you will get a replacement part or even a new vehicle, and if you don't have a warranty they will help you as much as they can. Even though a lot of shops don't carry their parts, yet, you can find mostly everything online for an affordable price.
billdelong likes this.

Last edited by FOXSHOXRACING; 01-29-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Looks like REDCAT is currently based out of Arizona

I have heard that REDCAT is not an OEM and they are a distributor in similar fashion to what OFNA used to be, ironically picking up HongNor designs which used to be distributed from OFNA many years ago. I am curious to learn more about each of the products and who their respective OEM's are?
No clue if this is the only OEM, but I know that HSP makes a lot of their vehicles, including the Gen7, E10, E16, Camo X4, Camo TT, Dukono and likely many more.
billdelong likes this.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
No clue if this is the only OEM, but I know that HSP makes a lot of their vehicles, including the Gen7, E10, E16, Camo X4, Camo TT, Dukono and likely many more.
The only vehicle that Redcat has made as of now that is fully OEM is the Gen 8, all of their other vehicles are shared with companies like HSP, Team Magic, and NitroRCX brands. I hope to see all of their models become fully OEM someday, keeping my fingers crossed.
billdelong likes this.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Team Redcat Deal

I found this on Amazon, the MSRP is $350 and at most stores and websites it is around $330, I found this one for just over $200 bucks. If you're looking for an awesome short-course truck that is race-ready here you go. I may order one for myself.
https://www.amazon.com/RedCat-SC10E-Short-Course-Truck/dp/B07DFM7FHW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=team+redcat&qid=1580358141&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.com/RedCat-SC10E-Short-Course-Truck/dp/B07DFM7FHW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=team+redcat&qid=1580358141&sr=8-1

rustyus likes this.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FOXSHOXRACING
The only vehicle that Redcat has made as of now that is fully OEM is the Gen 8, all of their other vehicles are shared with companies like HSP, Team Magic, and NitroRCX brands. I hope to see all of their models become fully OEM someday, keeping my fingers crossed.
Even the Gen 8, while a Redcat design, is manufactured for them. I believe that HSP is the OEM for that vehicle also, although like mentioned, it is a Redcat design.

The Gen7 was also partially designed by Redcat, but relied heavily on existing HSP parts.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Kinda reminds me of how HPI was a distributor who rebranded the products they sold as well. Many people thought that HPI was the manufacturer but when they went bankrupt and stopped placing orders from their manufacturers, these manufacturers were forced to continue producing products in order to stay in business. Many people scoffed at these "alleged clones" when in fact they were products produced from the same manufactures who were rebranded through HPI. The most notable manufacturer was SOAR who would actually sue Ripmax who foolishly bought HPI to which the HPI we see today is nothing like the HPI that once existed before the bankruptcy:
SOAR vs. HPI Case, statements from both, Updated ? saga continues -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
Old 01-30-2020, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
Kinda reminds me of how HPI was a distributor who rebranded the products they sold as well. Many people thought that HPI was the manufacturer but when they went bankrupt and stopped placing orders from their manufacturers, these manufacturers were forced to continue producing products in order to stay in business. Many people scoffed at these "alleged clones" when in fact they were products produced from the same manufactures who were rebranded through HPI. The most notable manufacturer was SOAR who would actually sue Ripmax who foolishly bought HPI to which the HPI we see today is nothing like the HPI that once existed before the bankruptcy:
SOAR vs. HPI Case, statements from both, Updated ? saga continues -NeoBuggy.net ? Offroad RC Car News
HPI still kinda does that with their Maverick brand, they basically completely re-brand the HSP and other designates that Redcat has.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just alittle feedback I recently picked up the Redcat line for FRC.

I personally have a SCX10 II and now a Redcat Gen8 for my trial ( I like to be able to support what we offer) and fun of course. I love this Gen8, I have beat it up out of the box no issues. Its has alot of grunt and top speed to clean them tires out. Goes through rough stuff better IMO then the SCX10 II. Seems heavier also mor planted.

Anyways their all great products. Being a racer I never would have thought crawling was fun. Well it is big time.

billdelong likes this.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

I have never owned the Gen 8, although I've heard really good things about it for the price. I'm more into their 1/10 and 1/8 MT's.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOXSHOXRACING
I have never owned the Gen 8, although I've heard really good things about it for the price. I'm more into their 1/10 and 1/8 MT's.
I kinda realized that after I posted. More of their race vehicles. Sorry still some feedback about the brand.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

I was stupid and decided to go muding with my TR-MT10E, now I'm doing a full tear-down. It kinda needs it though, I need to put a few new things on it and clean it up.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FastPete

Anyways their all great products. Being a racer I never would have thought crawling was fun. Well it is big time.
Since I got my first crawler, 90% or more of my RC time and money has been devoted to it. It turned out to be substantially more fun than going fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.