• 1 Post By the rc guy
  • 1 Post By the rc guy
  • 1 Post By G the Menace

Tire mounting with e6000?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tire mounting with e6000?

Has anyone tried using e6000 instead of ca for mounting tires? I know I'd need to let it dry for hours instead seconds, but apart from that, I'm wondering if it would work? (The one thing I don't like about ca is it dries too fast and can leave the bead uneven).
Old 07-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

It might work for something like a crawler, but I'd imagine definitely not for a race buggy or truck. The way those tires balloon...I can't see e6000 holding.
Hands001 and the rc guy like this.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This glue has a tensile strength of 3500 psi, very high viscosity. I feel this stuff will work great however the extremely long cure time of up to 3 days. Most super glues tensile strength is around 1200-2000 psi at room temp. Super glue starts to degrade at 200F which make it easy to remove old tires.

Some epoxies boast extremely high strength, but you may not get the tire off.

I have used several glues and epoxy however always find myself going back to super glue. There are a wide range of set times, short to rather long, but due note the cure time also goes up. Even thou I use instant stuff I still let them sit for a day.
vintage1 likes this.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It probly could work but im lazy so I buy a 10 dollar bottle of Muchmore Tire glue its super thin glue clean em with un diluted simple green glue them up that day and roll. Some tire glues are designed to flex a little bit as rubber does so it helps I always use tire glue. Iv seen people using the loctite super glue but also see them reglueing after every run. a few more dollars and a lil practice your tires will seat just fine just gotta be swift with it. If you try it please do post the results tho im curious!
Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

I personally dont think this glue will wok I have tried it on other things and it failed .it stay flexible even after cure time.If you dare try it then plz show results.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, I've mounted dozens of tires with tire glue and other CAs, I just don't like glueing my fingers to the tires, having glue all over the sidewall, and having the bead not always seat properly if I'm not fast enough.

I found and tried some 1 minute superglue (allowed repositioning for 10-15 seconds), the bead sat great but the glue didn't hold (these were remounts [so I could belt the tires with gorilla tape], I removed them with acetone, and cleaned with concentrated simplegreen, rinsed and dried before trying the one minute superglue, then waited about 20 hours before testing). I then tried the e6000, mounting was super easy and last night marked 72 hours, so I'll test it today. However, for whatever reason I was too lazy to reclean after the superglue failed, so it isn't really a fair test for the e6000.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

The biggest problem I’ve seen with guys that have a lot of issues with Ca is they use WAY
too much glue.

If you are gluing your fingers to the sidewalls and the bead isn’t setting in the rim properly after you apply the glue.

Its a sign of too much glue.

A little goes a long ways.
vintage1 likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

The E6000 didn't last long, I'm going to try removing, cleaning, and remounting just to give it a chance.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

if you have a problem with ca setting up to fast try a thicker ca glue there are some that is black that gives you many minutes to adjust..the 6000 will never work due to its flexibility..
vintage1 likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Retried the e6000 after a proper cleaning, it seemed to hold up fine for 6 minutes of running (eb48.3, castle 2200kv, 6s, 14/44, proline trencher 2.8 and F-11s), but after run inspection showed the tire had already started to break free.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by the rc guy
if you have a problem with ca setting up to fast try a thicker ca glue there are some that is black that gives you many minutes to adjust..the 6000 will never work due to its flexibility..
Do you have a link to this glue? The one minute stuff (that only allows positioning for 15 seconds) didn't last as long as the e6000. I switched back to aka for now.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDMR
It probly could work but im lazy so I buy a 10 dollar bottle of Muchmore Tire glue its super thin glue clean em with un diluted simple green glue them up that day and roll. Some tire glues are designed to flex a little bit as rubber does so it helps I always use tire glue. Iv seen people using the loctite super glue but also see them reglueing after every run. a few more dollars and a lil practice your tires will seat just fine just gotta be swift with it. If you try it please do post the results tho im curious!
+1 for muchmore CA. Best stuff I've used & the cheapest of the tire glues. Never in stock though.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

bsi ic 2000 . there are other brands and makers all give you a lot longer setup time.IC-2000 | Rubber-toughened CA
heck I purchased a box of 20 cheap ole.elephant ca glue cause I glue so many sets up a year.4$

amazon has the bsi from $6 to 10$ 1oz.
vintage1 likes this.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Have an experienced racer at the track show you how to glue tires, it should help
a great deal to see how it is done properly. Also try searching YouTube to see how some sponsored guys glue tires, I think AKA had a video with Mark Pavidis. Adam Drake and Ty Tessmann also have tire videos on YouTube.
vintage1 likes this.