Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight-E 4.0 new servo necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 05:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Questions?? Losi 8ight-E 4.0 new servo necessary?

Ok, so I got one of these last month and have been driving it on concrete, asphalt, dirt (baseball fields), and some grassy areas. This thing is a beast with som 4S batteries! Now, knock on wood, nothing has happened yet but when I browse for upgrades and such I keep reading people saying to upgrade my steering servo. Is it really that important to upgrade? I mean, I'm not racing the thing nor do I plan to. I don't notice it having a hard time turning. I think the grip might be an issue over the steering tracking steady. I don't notice any twitching or slippage. And I definitely don't feel that it's struggling to steer.

So if we're looking at numbers, the stock servo has some pretty pitiful stats. But considering I'm not racing nor competing against anyone else around when I'm bashing, would it be THAT much noticeable if I do upgrade to a stronger/faster servo? People always seem to say get the biggest one you can afford because you don't want to peg that servo at 80%+ all the time and you definitely don't want to get just enough. Now, I dunno if I want to get the biggest and the best servo since I'm only bashing the thing!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending the money. Hell, I already spent it on the car and batteries so if I wanted to be cheap, I would've picked another hobby! Anyways, so would a stronger/faster servo be in my favor and would give me better enjoyment or would it be a waste of money, for now, since I'm not tracking the thing and to wait for it to break and then buy a better servo?

Thanks guys!
Old 05-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wait til it breaks, then get a Savox 2274. This is a great servo for most applications. I just upgraded mine to a Tekin T-250, which is a super race servo. I raced the 2274 for years and it is tough and very fast, check out it's specs, best servo for the money.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks! I've seen a lot of people suggesting Savox...is it that much better or just a preferred brand? I see Tekin and Airtronics suggested a lot, too.I've also seen Blue Bird . <-- They seem pretty beefy and priced very well.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Suspended

savox, protek, omg, futaba, ko, sanwa, MKS plus couple other good brands.
Buy a decent quality servo with good torque, set end points and enjoy a reliable servo for years.
im currently using a savox 2282SG has full alloy case, BL HV etc.

2274, 1267 from savox are great servos if using HV.