Arrma Senton BLX 6s Exposed spur gear

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skaar_rc

Arrma Senton BLX 6s Exposed spur gear

Old 04-23-2019, 01:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Arrma Senton BLX 6s Exposed spur gear

i everyone,

I got an Arrma Senton 6s 2018 a year or so ago and was annoyed that the spur gear is exposed on the underside of the chassi. It seems like a strange solution since it would seem to me that gravel or other debris could get stuck in there and potentially damage the spur gear or something else.

However, I have seen this solution on other RC:s and when I look at videos, I can see that people are driving the RC without covering the spur with a skid plate or anything else. So, maybe it's not a big deal?

I tried using tape myself, many layers with some strong stuff and it didn't work, it got shredded. One day when I was out driving, it sounded like something got inside the transmission somewhere but after having stripped down the spider gears and not finding anything, I'm not sure. I'm thinking the tape may have had the opposite effect that I was hoping for.

Either way, what'd you guys say about this? Should I cover it with something or will it be fine as it is?

I can't link to an image or attach one it would seem as I haven't posted enough posts to show how the spur gear is exposed. I googled "arrma senton 6S 2018 skidplate" (without quotation marks) and found several images though.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

No, you should not cover the bottom hole... Think of it as a pathway for small pebble or debris to pass thru instead of getting stuck between spur teeth. Most of the prokit also have this hole and no cover at all. Especially nitro car. Just make sure ur gear mesh is correct with 1 paper thick gap.
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

I run open spur gear on some vehicles, they all have steel spur gear though, iirc.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I believe this "hole" is also a method of being able to drop the center diff down a few extra mm to help get the CG as low as possible.