Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI 1/8 NITRO BUGGY TALK...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by o.s. power
when it does come out, it will be right though.
Hmmm Mini LST problems and LST1 and now a need for a second version to fix its problems? Boy you make it sound like Losi does in house testing.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

I have to agree with Ziggy. I got the Losi XXXS and the XXX4 and they had bad issues. Its only now that they done away with the 1 belt idea and went back to the 2 belt system. The XX worlds e. is racing again and the new losi TC is making waves.
The problem about falling to far away from the tree is your going to get some bad spots on your fruit.
This new Losi buggy will have issues. One company that does not seem to have issues when they come out with something new is AE.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Losi

At least if they come out with a second version of a model that means they are not just sitting back and that they are willing to make improvements if needed.I will be (one of many loyal electric guys,i'm sure) hopping on the nitro train!!Cant wait to get one.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

I guess you could say that Losi has a buggy out at this time. The Mayhem could be the test subject. If that is the case then they know what flaws to expect.
I just hope they dont come out with the basic kit and 6mo. later they give you the racing kit. 8th scale racing has NO room for a basic kit. If people are going to pay over $700 for a kit they want the best equipment with it.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I don't know how you people can say this buggy is going to bad because the xxx4 was when it first came out.

Yeah the LST had problems, they learned and fixed it, and it still didn't stop people from buying it.

I have to agree with Ziggy.
So the first production runs of the BK2, MF2, AD2, and JRXS were shit then? I had a JRXS when they first came out and there was nothing wrong with it. I know a couple of people who bought BK2's and MF2's when they first came out, they had no problems.

Get your facts straight, just because a 4wd had a problem with arms and towers breaking doesn't mean the chassis on your truck is going to break.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as the mayhem is infact a buggy
conceived by the same team
I would say , it will be well thought about
if you see the mayhem into all his edges mm by mm
you can see, all elements were thought over and over again , till all was perfect...geometry and all
so I have the greatest confidence in this design team
now every buggy has issues in the beginning
but in nitro losi keeps them to a minimum
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Well its a know fact that Losi is known for there electric truck and buggies. They have been in the buggy buisness a VERY long time. Thats what the first kit they made I think it was a electric buggy.

Its a known fact when it comes to electric s/t or buggy they they are one of the best in the buisness. Its when they step away from their roots is when they sometimes have problems. Example: (TC, Monster Truck, 4WD buggy)Just like any other company trying to make the best on the market. Im not saying that Losi buggies will suck. Im just saying I will hold out until they seem to have the buggy bugs worked out.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Good point Speedy2
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

recent article in xtreme rc cars says it should be hitting the shelves mid to late summer. we shal see what they come up with. they also say a little bit about the buggy but i dont remiember exactley what they said.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyracer
I have to agree with Ziggy. I got the Losi XXXS and the XXX4 and they had bad issues. Its only now that they done away with the 1 belt idea and went back to the 2 belt system. The XX worlds e. is racing again and the new losi TC is making waves.
The problem about falling to far away from the tree is your going to get some bad spots on your fruit.
This new Losi buggy will have issues. One company that does not seem to have issues when they come out with something new is AE.
Isn't the XX4 a 3-Belt?

Cheers
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

im not sure. I thougth it was a 2 belt. I never worked one.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

XX-4 IS A 3BELT SYSTEM.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kyracer
Then you seem to forgeotten how the B4 had to have chassis fixes from cracking where the battery mounting screws went in. The Steering system needed to be rebuilt because it had way too much slop in it and it only got worse with use. The TC3 was known to break arms way easier than any other car at the time. The NTC3 still breaks arms easily when tapping the walls.

On a side note, Even Kyosho had a flop with the 777SP1, they had to completely refine it(rearrange the layout for weight distribution) to make it better.

Every manufacturer can test and test and test and they will not find every issue with a vehicle because the ones testing the equipment will not abbuse them as much as the average racer or the sportsman will. Those are the ones who will find the flaws and then it will be up tot he manufacturer to fix it and improve on the vehicles they have.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

i just want to clarify, i didnt mean to start a huff about losi cars. i've never raced an associated electric, i am a full on losi guy. with the exception of the GT...that is an amazing car, and from looking at the suppliers there are none on the shelves, so that makes me think that associated is telling its suppliers not to stock up on the GT because theres something on the horizon! But off that, the only problem w/ losi fixing the problem is most of the time you have to purchase a entire upgraded kit to fix the problem. as for the AD2, LST2, XXX4 GP, they're all 2's they're the 2nd run. The orig. XXX was a great car, the XXXT was a great car, they only made the upgraded versions to be just that upgraded materials and such, not to fix problems. im sure being losi is jumping into the 1/8th scale biz it'll have an issue or 2 but that's to be expected. i'd love to see an american made 1/8th, and hopefully it will be revolutionairy like the new losi sedan.

once again im sorry to start any unwanted attention to myself or to losi, i know how these threads can create some un-neccicary hatred or comments, we lost our local track due to that, belive it or not. c-ya

~Zig
Old 03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in nitro, it is more difficult to do many fatal mistakes
when geometry is alright
and driveshafts , plastics or differentials don't break
it will be ok

but see the xray xb8
it is the best car technicaly and mechanicaly
but it has had 20 little issues
and didn't drive that good as the other makes, till now
but people love the buggy

I think Losi will do better from the start...

Last edited by speedy2; 03-29-2006 at 02:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.