Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

Losi Tenacity PROformance build

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Losi Tenacity PROformance build

Hey folks! Recently got my 7 year old a Tenacity T and liked it so much that I got myself a used one plus the upgrade kit. I'm in this thing $400 including an upgraded servo and couldn't be happier with it!

If you have a Tenacity check your diffs! The earlier versions shipping with only 2 spider gears in each diff and you can just add in the other 2. The diffs will be much more durable with the full 4 gears.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

we just got one of those performance kits in at the shop i work at. thought about buying it but i kind of like the stock plastic chassis on my db
Old 12-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

The only reason I didn't buy the losi is because of all the plastic. I know I know the rustler I got isn't any better. I just didn't want to buy a losi scte 3.0 and a tenacity just to have one decent truck. With the performance kit it doesn't look like I have to now.

So how durable is it on 3s? Only looking for mid 40s like I have the rustler 4x4 geared.
Also is there enough room to retro a sealed receiver box on this to make it water proof?

Edit:
That is how the truggy should have come in the first place
Old 12-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by twisted
we just got one of those performance kits in at the shop i work at. thought about buying it but i kind of like the stock plastic chassis on my db
If you have any 8ight shocks laying around you should check the fitment... it seems like they might fit.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by e-fanatic
The only reason I didn't buy the losi is because of all the plastic. I know I know the rustler I got isn't any better. I just didn't want to buy a losi scte 3.0 and a tenacity just to have one decent truck. With the performance kit it doesn't look like I have to now.

So how durable is it on 3s? Only looking for mid 40s like I have the rustler 4x4 geared.
Also is there enough room to retro a sealed receiver box on this to make it water proof?

Edit:
That is how the truggy should have come in the first place
So far no durability issues but the motor does get pretty hot. Honestly you'd be ok with 2s. My son uses 2s and I use 3s and the top speed isn't that different. I might have him by a few mph. That being said mine does have the torque to point the nose right at the sky from a dead stop lol.

No room for a receiver box by default... you'd have to remove some material from the chassis side guard.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

These kits look so cool to me especially with the option to upgrade to the better aluminum TLR shocks. It is just a shame that the wheel base is too long to meet ROAR specs for 4X4 stadium otherwise they would have hit a homerun with it.
Furadi likes this.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1^^^ on Djr's post.

That Tenacity upgrade kit definitely sets the thing off. Even though the wheelbase of the Tenacity-T is in SCT territory, I'd still like to see a shootout of all decked out so called 4wd stadium truck/10th scale truggy.

Shame on Losi for skimping out on the planet gears. I don't follow the Tenacity threads/reviews closely, but were there issues with diffs handling 2S power?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rustyus
+1^^^ on Djr's post.

That Tenacity upgrade kit definitely sets the thing off. Even though the wheelbase of the Tenacity-T is in SCT territory, I'd still like to see a shootout of all decked out so called 4wd stadium truck/10th scale truggy.

Shame on Losi for skimping out on the planet gears. I don't follow the Tenacity threads/reviews closely, but were there issues with diffs handling 2S power?
nah people we're blowing them out on 3s.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Djr8505
These kits look so cool to me especially with the option to upgrade to the better aluminum TLR shocks. It is just a shame that the wheel base is too long to meet ROAR specs for 4X4 stadium otherwise they would have hit a homerun with it.
These things are basically cheaper 1/8 scale buggies with bigger tires. I'm pretty excited to get mine on track. Had planned to on Sunday but it snowed!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm looking for a replacement 3s motor for mine. The 3800kv just gets way to hot for it being winter. What do you guys think about the Dynamite 4 pole 2500kv vs the 6 pole 2800kv? Why is the 2500kv twice the price? $120 vs $70.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok earlier I said mine wasn't much faster than my son's 3s vs 2s. I checked the motor timing on mine and it wasn't set to default. Probably the previous owner. Reset and ohh boy it's fast now. Motor runs a little cooler now and it'll wheelie on command all the way through the pack.

Actually I should probably still drop KV lol. Probably not very practical for a race track.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
I'm looking for a replacement 3s motor for mine. The 3800kv just gets way to hot for it being winter. What do you guys think about the Dynamite 4 pole 2500kv vs the 6 pole 2800kv? Why is the 2500kv twice the price? $120 vs $70.
For 3S I highly recommend either the Castle 1415 2400KV motor or the Tekin T8i 2700KV motor. I've run both and with proper gearing on 3S they will stay at reasonable temperatures. For me, neither has gotten over 140 after a 10 minute race. (That's in a Losi SCTE.)
Furadi likes this.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ta_man
For 3S I highly recommend either the Castle 1415 2400KV motor or the Tekin T8i 2700KV motor. I've run both and with proper gearing on 3S they will stay at reasonable temperatures. For me, neither has gotten over 140 after a 10 minute race. (That's in a Losi SCTE.)
Yeah I wash checking out that castle motor too. What do you think about running it on a sensorless esc? Worth it?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Do they make shock boots for those like what comes in the 1/8th scale? Just hate running unprotected shocks. It drives me nuts with the rustler 4x4. My losi 8, 8te, and arrma talion all has it
Old 12-04-2018, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by e-fanatic
Do they make shock boots for those like what comes in the 1/8th scale? Just hate running unprotected shocks. It drives me nuts with the rustler 4x4. My losi 8, 8te, and arrma talion all has it
I'm guessing the 8ight shock boots will fit because the bottom caps have recesses for boots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.