Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
We Finance your RC ads - what do you guys make of it? >

We Finance your RC ads - what do you guys make of it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

We Finance your RC ads - what do you guys make of it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here’s one of the ads in case they haven’t seen it. Used to show across top banner. Lately is been a small one in some posts. I enlarged it to better see it.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

I keep a low limit credit card just for larger RC purchases, you know... When that awesome new kit comes out and I'm too stupid and impatient to wait for the prices to drop. Then I don't use it again until it's paid off. These "we finance RC" ads.. I'm not entirely sure I trust that stuff. Be nice if someone who has used it could chime in, give some details.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't finance RC stuff myself but I make it a point to stay out of other people's business. Who am I to tell them they are wrong?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Here’s one of the ads in case they haven’t seen it. Used to show across top banner. Lately is been a small one in some posts. I enlarged it to better see it.
What ads you see here depends on your browser history, if you have googled for pizzas, you'll see many pizza ads.
We don't see the same ads as you and vice versa.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by D1360
What ads you see here depends on your browser history, if you have googled for pizzas, you'll see many pizza ads.
We don't see the same ads as you and vice versa.
wasn’t sure how that worked. Almost zero of the ads I get have anything to do with anything I’ve ever searched. I figured they may have paid for ads. They were all over the site for awhile. Now only see them occasionally
Old 10-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hi all,

I seems fair to raise awareness to the issue of taking on expensive debt to sustain a hobby as opposed to other life needs, and I believe this is johnzhou2476 point.
It´s also true that we all make impulsive decisions one way or another and ultimately it´s up to each one to decide what best for one´s particular situation.

The greatest value I see for this post is that there may be other alternatives for not paying for RC stuff all upfront, like Tower´s payment plans noted earlier. In the end, the more information and alternatives we have, the better decisions we'll make.