Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree353Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
I'm fighting myself on getting another one for parts. I just bought a set of rear shocks, for the stadium truck project, and that set me back $60 and that was a great deal.
I think it's a good idea but like I said don't wait too long. If you buy $30 or so additional to get to $250 you can use a $25 coupon at Absolute Hobbyz. The way I look at it, if I was going to buy that other stuff anyway it's like getting the car for $195. Plus they are really great guys that are a pleasure to do business with.

Changing gears, I was able to get a nice selection of upgrades from a terrific forum member here. Actually I have met a couple of really great guys here with Kyosho parts and accessories. For now I was focused on upgrades rather than spare parts but that will likely change in the future. The aluminum steering arms that were part of the package are from the rb6 not the ones specifically for the rb7 which seem to be longer. At least that's what I assume the "L" engraved on them means. Does anyone know how the rb6 arms will affect the handling on the rb7 buggy? Likely the two guys I mentioned will see this here but if not I will PM them
Old 12-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hey Milkdudd.
Amain Hobbys has that battery post mount your looking for. The have it in stock for online purchases.COVID-19: We ask for your understanding as you may experience delivery delays.

Kyosho RB7 Aluminum Battery Post Set

KYOUMW754
Kyosho
Related Products

In Stock Online
Usually ships in 24 hours
$1.99 flat rate shipping! Learn More Price: $14.49
Add to Cart
Save In List
Write the first review
AMain Hobbies Chico (Check Others)
Chico, CA
(530) 894-0796
Out Of Stock In Store Learn More
This item earns up to 14 VIP Reward Points
Excluding price, which one is easier to use? This one or Exotek?
Old 12-01-2020, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
I think it's a good idea but like I said don't wait too long. If you buy $30 or so additional to get to $250 you can use a $25 coupon at Absolute Hobbyz. The way I look at it, if I was going to buy that other stuff anyway it's like getting the car for $195. Plus they are really great guys that are a pleasure to do business with.

Changing gears, I was able to get a nice selection of upgrades from a terrific forum member here. Actually I have met a couple of really great guys here with Kyosho parts and accessories. For now I was focused on upgrades rather than spare parts but that will likely change in the future. The aluminum steering arms that were part of the package are from the rb6 not the ones specifically for the rb7 which seem to be longer. At least that's what I assume the "L" engraved on them means. Does anyone know how the rb6 arms will affect the handling on the rb7 buggy? Likely the two guys I mentioned will see this here but if not I will PM them

This site will pretty much let you know how flat arms will affect the RB7.

Razor RC blog: Team Associated B6 / B6D flat arms vs. gullwing arms
Old 12-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
Excluding price, which one is easier to use? This one or Exotek?

Exotek is by far easier to use. You only have to turn the tabs. However, you will have to drill holes in the plastic sides to mount it, if your running the battery sideways. I put foam strips on the outside of the channels to allow a tighter fit. Make sure you put the arms on right-side up. The Exotek is also cleaner because you don't use foam for spacing.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

This site will pretty much let you know how flat arms will affect the RB7.

Razor RC blog: Team Associated B6 / B6D flat arms vs. gullwing arms
Thanks that looks like a good read and is pertinent to my buggy build however I was referring to the aluminum steering arms. Maybe I should have used the term bellcranks rather than arms
Old 12-01-2020, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Installed my aluminum steering components on the rb7 tonight. Dimensionally they are identical to the original plastic parts. So I haven't had any changes in geometry. The rb7 specific bellcranks are 2 mm longer than the kit versions so those would be the ones to change geometry. I'm glad that by pure dumb luck I ended up with the standard kit geometry aluminum components
Old 12-02-2020, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Installed my aluminum steering components on the rb7 tonight. Dimensionally they are identical to the original plastic parts. So I haven't had any changes in geometry. The rb7 specific bellcranks are 2 mm longer than the kit versions so those would be the ones to change geometry. I'm glad that by pure dumb luck I ended up with the standard kit geometry aluminum components
The steering bell cranks on the RB6/6.6/7 are the same. The 2mm longer aluminum version UMW752.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M.Boos
The steering bell cranks on the RB6/6.6/7 are the same. The 2mm longer aluminum version UMW752.
Thanks. I did figure that out but not until I held the aluminum ones next to the ones that came in the kit. Do you know what difference the longer ones make when used on the rb7?
Old 12-02-2020, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks. I did figure that out but not until I held the aluminum ones next to the ones that came in the kit. Do you know what difference the longer ones make when used on the rb7?
The longer length units are supposed to smooth out the initial turn-in steering from what I can gather.
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Has anyone experienced breakage of the factory steering components on the RB7? I heard of the servo horn breaking, but nothing else. I'm curious if I should swap mine out for aluminum.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I've only ever used the stock servo horn, never had a problem. On turf, carpet or dirt.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dmcguire
I've only ever used the stock servo horn, never had a problem. On turf, carpet or dirt.

Good to know.

Have you ever known of anyone breaking their steering rack?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Good to know.

Have you ever known of anyone breaking their steering rack?
Thought thought I saw it happen to a lot of guys when the RB6 was first released. Had them wanting the aluminum one. Might have been a first batch thing because I don't think I ever heard of the 6.6 or the 7 having that issue. I just kind of go aluminum from the get-go. I just have a thing for anodized aluminum in cool colors. Especially the chocolate brown Kyosho color
Old 12-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Never seen one break personally, but I have always used an aluminum steering rack, be it Kyosho or Exotek, but have used both aluminum and the stock wiper arms with no problems.

I would go with at least the rack if you can. It will definitely be a more direct feel and you won't have to worry about pulling a ball stud out of its threads.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure if they are still available, but the Exotek aluminum C hubs are great to have. The stock plastic ones are the part I broke most often. And you always break the same side...
Arcain41 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.