Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What's your favorite 1:10 scale 2WD buggy for high grip clay/dirt? >

What's your favorite 1:10 scale 2WD buggy for high grip clay/dirt?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QDRHRSE

What's your favorite 1:10 scale 2WD buggy for high grip clay/dirt?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Questions?? What's your favorite 1:10 scale 2WD buggy for high grip clay/dirt?

Originally I though about getting a 1/8 scale buggy, but the only reasonably close track in my region is LSR speedway, which is high grip clay and supports 10th scale buggies and SCT. I've heard good things about most brands in this class, and it seems it's down to the price you're willing to pay and versatility of the setup.

But, I'd like to hear about your favorites, and any special features/specs that put a particular brand above the rest in your opinion. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Similar to you line of thinking on what type of vehicle to get (1/10th scale vs 8th scale), you should look at what buggies LSR sells and supports with parts. Nothing is worse than breaking something and being out for the day of practice or out for the night of racing because you have to order parts online. Parts on the wall in a local hobby shop should trump any other consideration of which buggy, in my opinion.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I absolutely love my TLR 22 4.0. I just got back into racing last fall after a long break and everything is so much better than it used to be that's for sure. I'm a fast and aggressive driver and I make a decent amount of mistakes but I don't break many parts. Learning to be fast again means you hit stuff fast if you make a mistake haha.

The only durability problem I had was the front ball stud mount, I run an aluminum one now and have no issues any more. Just the occasional front hub insert (wheel bearing rides in an adjustable plastic sleeve that breaks a flange off, I really need to order the aluminum piece, its also super cheap) rear wheel bearing and an arm here and there. I go through more front and rear wings than any chassis part. Front is from mostly contact with other cars.....

I've ran the b6 and b6.1 occasionally and I just find them to be less consistent and feel looser. The TLR just seems to make more grip and is easier to drive consistently faster. Med/High bite clay is also the 4.0s best environment. They can be setup to run on all surfaces but that's the easiest. Only thing to avoid is the 4.0 SR, the latest and greatest 17.5 motors can easily break the aluminum axles and plastic diff out drives. Just get the regular 4.0 and then you don't have to worry about it. If you end up getting one PM me and I can get you a setup sheet.

~Alex
Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't mean to be totally dismissive of the original post but asking which buggy is best [regardless of surface] is sort of a dumb question which has been asked over and over. The cars from all the major brands are all so good now that I'd be confident in saying that it comes down to setup. The best buggy is the one with the best setup and best choice of tires. As mentioned by other posters, consider what your local shop supports and what local guys seem to run most. That should give you a safe place to start.
mustangkillaz likes this.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Team associated B6.1D
Old 06-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run a B6 but the Losi 22 4.0 seems to have more rear bite. We are on slicks, so you need a little more rear bit and the 4.0 seems a little better although the B6 has more corner speed. IMO