Wiki Posts
Search

Need a little bit of help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)
Talking Need a little bit of help

i am looking for ideas on finding more rear traction on my losi truck, I posted over in the TLR 22T 3.0 thread and NO replies, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as running a 22NT 3.0 and looking for more rear traction and only real adjustments will be camber links or those little pills as the truck was brand new and kit set up put into it, I believe as yet to tear it apart, but looked stock, so any suggestions

also is their a fix for this trailing front spindle crap on the 22t 3.0 as had both sides come apart and let the tire flop around, very frustrating design their

re-reading the above, I guess shocks could be adjusted more as right now they are middle on tower and inside on arm with 30wt oil, as the truck flies great, just lacks traction coming out of the corners, as I added 28 grams of weight to the rear shock tower, and the VLA hubs are short in rear and long on front
Old 04-30-2018, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I understand correctly, you converted a 22T 3.0 to nitro? Pretty cool.

How many different rear tires have you tried? That is going to be the most important thing to have right.

More rear toe in and moving the rear hubs forward will help make the truck square up coming out of corners. Rear anti-squat is another adjustment that will change how the truck squares up out of corners too.

As for the front spindles, there are aluminum inserts available (if you can find them), or you can run the spindles from a 22 3.0 buggy. You will lose some adjustability, but gain durability.

You should post some pictures of your truck.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urnotevenwrg2
If I understand correctly, you converted a 22T 3.0 to nitro? Pretty cool.

How many different rear tires have you tried? That is going to be the most important thing to have right.

More rear toe in and moving the rear hubs forward will help make the truck square up coming out of corners. Rear anti-squat is another adjustment that will change how the truck squares up out of corners too.

As for the front spindles, there are aluminum inserts available (if you can find them), or you can run the spindles from a 22 3.0 buggy. You will lose some adjustability, but gain durability.

You should post some pictures of your truck.
thanks for the spindle idea as I really need durability over tuning, as for tires, tried holeshots m3 & m4, goosebumps, double dees, and settled on m3 holeshots on the rear with a super slow steering servo, and I cannot shorten the rear hubs as that is not an adjustment that can be made, also cannot figure how to post pics from my iPad to this site so if you PM me your email address, I can send some over to you, and thank you for some much needed advice
Old 05-01-2018, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Here's a tuning chart from Hudy that I like to use to help me prioritize necessary tuning changes to my cars to do what I need, there is no simple single answer, so in your case, you're trying to "get rid of over steer":