Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Michigan Dirt Burners/AMS Raceway Rules? >

Michigan Dirt Burners/AMS Raceway Rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daddyo

Michigan Dirt Burners/AMS Raceway Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Michigan Dirt Burners/AMS Raceway Rules?

Hello, so... I just got my first Short Course truck (A Losi SCTE) since I used to race Stadium Trucks about 15 years ago. "TheRCGuy", Mitch, on this forum hooked me up big time... almost put a tear in my eye how kind he was in helping me out with getting back into the hobby. Fantastic guy!

That said... I got the truck home, and started going through it/cleaning it/etc.. and it dawned on me that I have absolutely ZERO idea what the rules and regulations are for the different classes of SCT's at my local tracks (Dirt Burners, AMS Raceway, Washtenaw Raceway)... so I really have no idea what, if any, classes this truck currently qualifies for as it is configured now. I also lost the Deans lead to my charger (DOH!) so I can't really goto the track to practice and ask around until the lead gets here from Ebay next week. So... I googled it... and found nothing.

So... my dear Michigan community... could someone help me out with some kind of guidelines to what is and isn't legal? The more detailed the better because I don't have very much money, and my nearest track is over a half hour away, and my car isn't good on gas so... i'd hate to drive all the way out there thinking i'm good to race and find out i'm not. Thanks guys!

Also, i'm interested in what the regulations are for ALL classes (again, the more detailed the better. Reply to me as if i'm a child cause I want to be VERY clear on what is and isn't legal), but i'm going to be starting in the Novice classes of course, so i'm especially interested in that. I DID find a ROAR rulebook in PDF form... are they the same?

Last edited by seatstothewind; 04-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run at Dirt Burners all the time. First, check their facebook page and the "About" about section. That shows all the practice and race times. Second, check out LiveRC's race section, Dirt Burner always posts their stuff there. From that you can see what classes are being run.

Good luck!
seatstothewind likes this.