Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree180Likes

Team Associated SC6.1

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2021, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Is it worth updating the back end of the SC6.1 to the SC6.2 spec? Are you gaining anything in terms of track width etc with the updated axles, hubs and 8.5mm hexes?
Big_Show likes this.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

I always liked having the same swingarm setup on my sc6.1 and t6.1.
So when the t6.2 came out, with new gull style front/rear arms and different shock towers, I was bummed the sc6.2 did not have them.
So I put them on my sc6.1.
First picture, I clamped the new front t6.2 shock tower, to the body mount bracket. Drilled 2 new holes in the plastic.
Second picture, note how close the front shock towers are. I could have kept the sc6.1 front shock tower, but used they t6.2, so my two match.
3rd picture, rear went on, no issues. It is the full t6.2 setup.
4th picture, the finished front shock tower. Added a metal watcher, where it the shock bolt goes through the shock tower.

Old 03-08-2022, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
I always liked having the same swingarm setup on my sc6.1 and t6.1.
So when the t6.2 came out, with new gull style front/rear arms and different shock towers, I was bummed the sc6.2 did not have them.
So I put them on my sc6.1.
First picture, I clamped the new front t6.2 shock tower, to the body mount bracket. Drilled 2 new holes in the plastic.
Second picture, note how close the front shock towers are. I could have kept the sc6.1 front shock tower, but used they t6.2, so my two match.
3rd picture, rear went on, no issues. It is the full t6.2 setup.
4th picture, the finished front shock tower. Added a metal watcher, where it the shock bolt goes through the shock tower.
What difference did you feel? Does it make enough of an improvement to justify doing it? I run on indoor clay on slicks.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there a conversion kit to use long battery in sc6.1?
Old 04-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bd007
Is there a conversion kit to use long battery in sc6.1?
Might work if you run it inline and move the esc to the side, but why run a long battery?
Old 04-08-2022, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, I had real trouble getting my SC6.1 hooked up at all on loose dirt (super low traction).

I am super annoyed that the parts for the 4 gear stand up transmission are now discontinued, especially as the truck is only like 3 years old!

I changed the tranny on a TLR buggy and it made such a huge difference, immediately.

Can anyone suggest alternative parts for the tranny, or a setup that works well. Running blockades on loamy dirt, worked from the lowest traction setup on Petit RC, really lame 13.5, was undriveable! I will have to sell it otherwise, and with the lack of parts availability it would likely be the end of AE for me, sadly.

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2022, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Agreed

Originally Posted by stubaxle
Hi, I had real trouble getting my SC6.1 hooked up at all on loose dirt (super low traction).

I am super annoyed that the parts for the 4 gear stand up transmission are now discontinued, especially as the truck is only like 3 years old!

I changed the tranny on a TLR buggy and it made such a huge difference, immediately.

Can anyone suggest alternative parts for the tranny, or a setup that works well. Running blockades on loamy dirt, worked from the lowest traction setup on Petit RC, really lame 13.5, was undriveable! I will have to sell it otherwise, and with the lack of parts availability it would likely be the end of AE for me, sadly.

Thanks!
I just built my 6.2 and a club member mentioned going through a spur every race day (rocky low grip track) and switched to the standup to put a cover on mainly. I totally agree, not happy at all that they discontinued the parts but there is the carbon fiber plate available still, not sure if that's a 3 or 4 gear plate though, doesn't say. ASC91787
I noticed the latest losi and xray 2wd sct trucks are the same way, with a joke of a spur cover. I guess it's just the trend unfortunately... I have a club member designing a 3d cover but not sure how successful it'll be...

what would you move to? Youd have to go to an Older generation model with rear motor which is what I wanted to do but couldn't find anything great available...

I'm also looking for shock boots, not sure what is available if anything anymore but the shocks clearly are made for them.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_user
I just built my 6.2 and a club member mentioned going through a spur every race day (rocky low grip track) and switched to the standup to put a cover on mainly. I totally agree, not happy at all that they discontinued the parts but there is the carbon fiber plate available still, not sure if that's a 3 or 4 gear plate though, doesn't say. ASC91787
I noticed the latest losi and xray 2wd sct trucks are the same way, with a joke of a spur cover. I guess it's just the trend unfortunately... I have a club member designing a 3d cover but not sure how successful it'll be...

what would you move to? Youd have to go to an Older generation model with rear motor which is what I wanted to do but couldn't find anything great available...

I'm also looking for shock boots, not sure what is available if anything anymore but the shocks clearly are made for them.

For RM SC start with the Pro2SC10 then upgrade to FT parts, esp shocks from the 6.1 or newer shocks. I run 6.1 front and rear a arms, hubs etc on mine. I went one step further and switched the rear a arms left for right side, then took 6mm off the rear of the a arm where it meets the D block. This moves the tires back along the motor and reduces pendulum effect.

As far as shock boots try small balloons. Just cut them long enough and slip up over the shock body.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_user

I did manage to scrape together most of the parts for the 4 gear, cost way too much, and from at least 4 stores on 3 continents. So, sticking with it for now!

I hope the 4 gear cover works well, if i remember rightly the one that came with the kit didn't fit the supplied the tranny.

I did check the SC6.2 manual and it doesn't mention the 4 gear stand up as an option, do you know if it fits?

I was hoping it fits the b6.3d buggy also. I checked the manual, it mentions the 4 gear tranny in the setup guide but as far as i can tell doen't show the parts as options! Confusing.

I was thinking about picking up a used b6.3 as the .4 just got released, and i have very few spares for my b5m.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

THe 4 gear fit the 6.1 with just a touch of filing to the shock tower. Ran 4 gear on SC and T 6.1s for outdoor. Tower on the ST needed the same filing to fit. 4 gear fit my B6.1 with no mods.
stubaxle likes this.
Old 08-14-2022, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

What was the major changes from Sc5m to the sc6.1? I have a chance to buy a Sc5m and I see parts are still available for the sc5m and want to be sure it’s still a good competitive truck.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I answered your question elsewhere but short answer.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...ctures_videos/

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...ctures_videos/