Search
Like Tree180Likes

Team Associated SC6.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

as Celt stated.
and
back off the throttle about 6 inches before the upper EDGE of the jump.. in mid air, if still nose high.. move the throttle forward to lightly activate the brakes..
works for me. but I have a SC5M...
Old 11-15-2018, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't recommend running any drag brake if your running 17.5 class as this creates unwanted heat build up in the motor. Like the other guys said, check to make sure your not holding the throttle on after the truck leaves the face of the jump. If your certain that your not and the truck is still nose high, then make sure you have cut outs on the body to help with any possible parachuting that may be happening. If there is still an issue then check to make sure that nothing is binding in the front and/or rear of the truck with the arms or suspension components.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HOTROD716
Need some help, I have been running my SC6.1 now for a couple of months. I am running stock spring, set up at 28 ride height. I am running 35wt in the front and 30 in the rear. Rear shocks are mounted toward the front. I am running slicks at my local clay track. I am running the battery forward and am using the brass front weight. My question/problem is with jumping, this thing is goes way too nose in the air and I cant get it settled down where I can get it nose flat or even down. This was the case outdoors as well. What suggestions can I start with to get this resolved?
if you are running shocks on the front of the rear arms change to the short eyelets.

I also found this truck doesn’t jump right but ended up running a lot of weight and heavier springs all round with 35/30 oil and it’s been much better.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie

if you are running shocks on the front of the rear arms change to the short eyelets.

I also found this truck doesn’t jump right but ended up running a lot of weight and heavier springs all round with 35/30 oil and it’s been much better.
I can't speak to what others are doing with setup, but I've no issues whatsoever in regards to this truck jumping properly. Nor do I do any setup changes much beyond what's pretty much box stock. I've run one stiffer spring up front on one occasion and a lighter spring in the rear...neither of which caused the truck to do anything abnormal in terms of jumping.

Matter of fact, I find the SC6.1 to be pretty darn neutral - a little throttle or brake input and the chassis does exactly as I need.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by celt
I can't speak to what others are doing with setup, but I've no issues whatsoever in regards to this truck jumping properly. Nor do I do any setup changes much beyond what's pretty much box stock. I've run one stiffer spring up front on one occasion and a lighter spring in the rear...neither of which caused the truck to do anything abnormal in terms of jumping.

Matter of fact, I find the SC6.1 to be pretty darn neutral - a little throttle or brake input and the chassis does exactly as I need.
This truck is pretty good right out of the box. Go up to 35-37.5 weight oil in the front and other the V1 grey or KYO red spring in the front help a lot too. Running a front sway bar helps a lot as well.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FPMX772
This truck is pretty good right out of the box. Go up to 35-37.5 weight oil in the front and other the V1 grey or KYO red spring in the front help a lot too. Running a front sway bar helps a lot as well.
Are the gray springs part number 91329? Thats what I got for my dirt set up, but they are short springs.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you to all. When running a SC5m, I really didn't have this jumping issue, it jumped flatter. I have some ideas to try out. Of course one at a time.

Some mentioned heavier shock oil in the front, what ill effects would this have? I have 35 in it now, I would be interested in trying 37.5. Currently I have the steering dialed where I like it. I don't want to lose that.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:13 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How much anti squat are you runing?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
Are the gray springs part number 91329? Thats what I got for my dirt set up, but they are short springs.
No its 91637
Old 11-16-2018, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you to all. When running a SC5m, I really didn't have this jumping issue, it jumped flatter. I have some ideas to try out. Of course one at a time.

Some mentioned heavier shock oil in the front, what ill effects would this have? I have 35 in it now, I would be interested in trying 37.5. Currently I have the steering dialed where I like it. I don't want to lose that.
Going to 37.5 will take away some of the snappiness this truck has when turning. If all you run is this truck and your good with 35 weight oil up front then stay with it. I run buggy and ST so driving this thing is hard to adjust to after running the other two cars on a club race night. Going heavier up front with the oil allowed me to drive this truck a bit more like my buggy.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FPMX772
Going to 37.5 will take away some of the snappiness this truck has when turning. If all you run is this truck and your good with 35 weight oil up front then stay with it. I run buggy and ST so driving this thing is hard to adjust to after running the other two cars on a club race night. Going heavier up front with the oil allowed me to drive this truck a bit more like my buggy.

i actually run a eb410 and a b6 along with the truck on club races. I’m thinking I will try the heavier weight and see how she does. I’m not opposed to trying different things.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by a1

2 degrees of anti squat.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:22 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

2 degrees of anti squat.
with 2 degree, Im going to assume it might be throttle control and the body keeping the nose high while jumping.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by a1
I went +1* up on the C block and left the center pill on the D block.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would say we have 10-15 racers running the SC6.1 for weekly club racing, and most of these guys show up for a full practice day as well. We are all running very similar setups (box pretty much). The only differences are grey instead of white springs in front, or green instead of white springs in the rear. Aside from that, we are all running the same shock package in terms of oil and piston. We've not seen anyone with a violent nose down jumping that you are experiencing.

Hate to see someone chase around in circles, moving away from known good setups. I suspect it's something to do with throttle response, drag brake or maybe even a bad jump face. I see nothing in what I know of your setup that would cause what your are seeing. In other words, if you have to do something drastic that others don't have to do, something else is suspect.
Braxamus likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.