Search

Pro-Line 1972 Ford Pinto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pro-Line 1972 Ford Pinto

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1972-ford-pinto-clear-body.asp

This is a 1972 FordŽ Pinto Clear Body for Buggy Based Drag Racing. Pro-Line is ready to break the mold once again with an all-new take on drag racing. Introducing the first subcompact car that FordŽ ever produced that went on to become an iconic Pro Stock car from the '70s in full-size racing: the 1972 FordŽ Pinto! To make the Pinto as scale as possible relative to Pro-Line's other Drag Bodies, Pro-Line is launching a new subcompact drag class using the BanditŽ (with #6070-00 body mounts), AE SR10, or other 11.25" wheelbase 2wd Buggies fitted with drag racing wheels and tires. This new size opens the door to bring new people into the world of drag racing using a chassis platform that many people already own. All the iconic details from the original 1972 Pinto have been faithfully recreated in 1/10 size that looks incredible with big drag tires. The front end of the body features massive undercut details including the classic hexagon-shaped headlight bezel just like the full-size car, which is only made possible with Pro-Line's proprietary molding technology. The body comes clear giving you the option to paint the body however you desire. If you are a Pinto fan or you are ready to try something different, then this is a must-have body for you! Get your own 1972 FordŽ Pinto body today!
1/10 buggy wheelbase, otherwise known as street stock to the oval guys. So to add to the Jcon Z28 and McAllister Racing options, we have a pinto... but they're trying to sell it as a short wheelbase drag body.

Thoughts?
Old 07-23-2021, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I grew up in the 80's with V8 Vega's and Pinto's. This is a home run for me, I think I'll do a 13.5 car with all the bells and whistle's !!!
Old 07-23-2021, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Yea, it has a bit of a short wb for No Prep... Not sure how that will work out as there are no 11.5 in wb no prep races yet. lol

I was hoping for the TearDrop Window Wagon.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Timmahh2
Yea, it has a bit of a short wb for No Prep... Not sure how that will work out as there are no 11.5 in wb no prep races yet. lol

I was hoping for the TearDrop Window Wagon.
Last year, before 13.5t was a thing, we had a class locally called "sportsman" that called for a box-stock bandit and hobbywing justock/13.5 FTM combo, running the Jconcepts z28 street stock body. There were only 4 people in it and they all ran 3.0-3.1, very slow and quite boring. The idea was to be economical, but forcing a $100 motor combo just offset not converting to SC wheelbase.

My buddy liked the z28 body, so he slapped together a bandit from parts and ran the stock velineon system. He was able to hit 2.7 reliably. I know the longer wheelbase gives stability, but I do know you can still make a short car fast. I guess we'll have to see if enough people decide to go that direction.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
I grew up in the 80's with V8 Vega's and Pinto's. This is a home run for me, I think I'll do a 13.5 car with all the bells and whistle's !!!
there was a guy here back in the 80 s that had a 302 pinto it was bad too lol
Old 08-03-2021, 05:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Just ordered an Extreme C/F Bandit Chassis !!