Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More > Dirt Oval
GFRP/CW Full rubber tire cars vs foam tire gearbox cars >

GFRP/CW Full rubber tire cars vs foam tire gearbox cars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sixshooter44
  • 1 Post By Silverbullet555
  • 1 Post By Flipside6900

GFRP/CW Full rubber tire cars vs foam tire gearbox cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default GFRP/CW Full rubber tire cars vs foam tire gearbox cars

I've been looking at getting an electric sprint car, and I'm totally up in the air on what to get. I have a mix or foam tire and rubber tires tracks around me in Chicago. It seems like there's quite a few GFRP GFR1's and CW Enforcer 6 and 7 with the gear boxes for sale and they tend to be about a $100 cheaper than an Assult, or Outlaw. Can anyone comment about their success or troubles with either a GFR1gearbox or Enforcer gearbox on rubber tires? I'll get into kit vs conversion later lol.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:01 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm in the area, we run foam tire sprints and rubber indoors. I have an outlaw 4 with an enforcer front end and shocks on it that runs great on rubber tires. I've seen gfr1 cars made into rubber tire, they only work on very highbite
Flipside6900 likes this.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Depends on the bite of the tracks. In the old days, we only had 1 choice. Most tracks back then were hard packed. It's easier to get rubber tires on a pin and bearing car than it is to get foams on a rubber tire car due to what's available. If you have a really smooth track with good bite, I'd try an enforcer on it with either CW rubber tires or get JConcepts or DE pin and bearing wheels for 2.2 tires.

As an aside, I'm selling an enforcer 7 extreme offset car for my buddy if you are interested.
Flipside6900 likes this.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

We have quite a mix actually. I have two tracks within about an hour and a half that are foam tire tracks. I have two more within an hour and a half that are high byte indoor clay rubber tire tracks, and then there's also two or three outdoor dirt ovals that are all at different amounts of grip lol. I think I just may end up getting the Velocity conversion because I have two extra Associated buggies sitting on a shelf and then if I get the itch to run one of the foam tire tracks maybe get one of those cars in the future. Thanks for the help! Now I just need to figure out if I want to do the regular chassis or the offset lol.
Silverbullet555 likes this.